cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with user/password or Logon ticket ?

joan_ayala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to connect from an Enterprise Portal to an ABAP WebDynpro in another system.

To access my WebDynpro, no user and password is needed cause it is configured not to be asked for that in transaction SICF. But in this WebDynpro, there is my custom logon screen, which I

would like to be filled with the logon info from the Enterprise Portal, and if possible, the button submitted as well.

Is that possible ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

why do you not just configure trust between your portal and the abap stack hosting the WD app and set the WD app to require authentication - as is sounds like you just want to SSO from the portal?

Or does the user not actually exist in the abap stack that the WD app is on?

I'm a little confused - could you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve and why standard SSO is not appropriate?

Thanks!

Chris

joan_ayala
Participant
0 Kudos

If I set the WD app to require authentication and I pass this authentication with SSO (this is your proposal if I am not wrong), then my custom logon screen would be shown, so the user should login again.

I would like to ignore this custom logon screen for users that access the WD appl from the Portal. But this custom logon screen must exist for users that logon directly to the WD app (they have not logged in in the portal before).

I hope it is more clear now. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant you create 2 different applications for same WD component and make difference security \ logon settings for them.

For one which is launched through portal disable your custom logon screen in SICF.

For other which is used normally configure it to use your logon screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards

manas Dua

joan_ayala
Participant
0 Kudos

do I need to create user SAPJSF in target system to configure SSO ?

If so, how should I do that ?

thanks

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Yes, you need to SAPJSF in backend system for configuring SSO.

For web dypro for abap, you need to full FQDN name need to set in instance profile in RZ10 -> icm/host_name_full

- Create portal system in system landscape for backend system

- SSO - refer to blog /people/dennis.kleymeonov/blog/2005/09/15/connecting-sap-systems-to-enterprise-portal-with-sso

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Answers (0)