cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector 2.0 (final) available

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The final version of SAP .NET Connector 2.0 is available for all SAP customers for download from

http://service.sap.com/connectors

Note that Visual Studio 2003 Professional (or higher) is required - pure Visual Basic or Visual C# will work, but only in the "Profession" edition (for the case that this is available).

Compared to the Beta there is not a lot of change in it - mostly bug fixes. Compared with 1.x version, there is a lot of new features that are described in the Release Notes or in my former posts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reiner:

Where can novices in .NET connector can find information (manuals, white papers, newsletters, notes, etc) to begin using and what is more important, to use apropriately the 2.0 version?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VS.NET2k3, go "Help" -> "Contents". There should be an entry for "SAP .NET Connector Version 2.0" there. It's a good start.

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

on a workstation of ours, there's no "SAP .NET Connector Version 2.0" entry in the contents pane, even if both the dynamic help and the autocomplete work.

we later have installed MSDN October, however this hasn't caused any problem on another workstation.

how to restore the help link?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting...

Perhaps the content is filtered. Look at the top of the contents pane if you have "(no filter)" there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there's no filter applied.

is there a way to rebuild the help link or should we uninstall and reinstall the whole SAP .Net Connector? (we'd avoid that)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try the "Namespace.exe" tool that comes with MS Help 2.0 SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I could not see the 'run time' version of it for deployment server. Is there a plan to provide it later ?

cheers

Ramesh

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The runtime installer is planned to available later.

For inhouse-use you can freely distribute everything you need to run your .NET Connector based applications.

This is normally:

-Your application files

-SAP.Connector.DLL or SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL (install to app dir or GAC)

- LIBRFC32.DLL 6.20 or higher (install best to System32).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that from 6.40 the file LIBRFC32.DLL is compiled using Visual Studio 2003, which adds a couple of DLL dependencies that earlier versions of LIBRFC32.DLL do not have.

This is not a problem if the target PC already has SAPGUI 6.40 installed, but if not, there is a good chance you'll need to install the additional DLL files as well.

There is an OSS note that describes this situation, which points to a special setup program to install just the missing DLL's. Can't remember what the note number is.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

To date I have multiple apps using the .NET Connector and i tend to throw librfc32.dll in the /bin directory of the app (keeps things self contained and neat). Does that dll need to be registered (regsvr32) for it to reside outside the bin directory?

Message was edited by: Hithesh Ranchhod

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Librfc32 contains some COM inproc server, but this is not used for .NET connector - so it would work have it side-by-side in your app dir.

Unfortunately there is some special feature in LIBRFC32 (I don't remember, I think it was some shared memory usage) that could anyway can cause serious problems if you have more then one LIBRFC32 on your machine. So SAP strongly recommends to put it to System32 - and promises that all LIBRFC32 version are backward compatible.