cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign Planning: wrong campaign description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working in a PPDS project for a process industry company, company production highly depends on materials allergens, changeovers between materials with different allergens is very time-costing and moreover company needs to ensure that materials does not get any others allergens as it could be dangerous for the customer.

Company wants to visualize allergens for each operation on DSPB and also on order list. Each allergen is a setup group and I am using Campaign Planning (after Optimizer) to make it more visual, and also take profit of the campaign alerts. Then campaig descriptions should provide information on Order List (I can add a column in the layout cmpgn descript), however campaigns are getting the description from the first material within the campaign and not the campaign description from the campaign profile (customizing).

-Can anybody help with the description issue? I think it should show the campaign description from the campaign profile, it does take the color from the profile but not the description!

- Do you think it is a good solution? Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carlos,

The observation is indeed the standard functionality. During automatic campaign creation by the campaign optimizer, the system automatically assigns a description for every campaign. This is the same as the description of the first output product of any of the orders in the campaign.

You can use the /SAPAPO/PCM01_TXTOPT Business Add-In (BAdI) to override the standard settings and assign a campaign description according to your own criteria.

Implementation of BAdI

To implement this BAdI, go to Customizing for Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) and choose Business Add-In ® Assign Campaign Description After Optimization.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Datta Kadam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta Kadam,

Thanks a lot for your quick and very good answer. I am exactly not running campaign optimization, i first did it but I got campaign bars without description, all with same violet color, number and status. When double clicking on campaigns created, I get message "campaing inconsistent" and if i run a consistency check, it detects the inconsistencies and the way that the system corrects them is deleting them.

So, I am using an Optimization run based on SetUp Costs and then through heutistic "Create Campaigns" I am creating them. Here I see color defined from Campaign profile according the setup group, cmpgn number but the description is not from the profile, it is from a product.

Is this normal? Kindly confirm and then I will set my question as answered

Thanks again!

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Yes that is standard / normal behaviour.

Unfortunately many a times, we do spend time in understanding the limitation of a product.

Since APO is a planning system, we can model processes in a number if ways and also we have many different scenarios coming out not expected originally.

Thanks

With regards

Datta Kadam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta Kadam,

I have been checking the Campaign Badis. It seems that the BADI "Assign Campaign Description after Optimization" -SAPAPO/PCM01_TXTOPT is only intended for when campaigns have been created through Campaign Optimization and it is not my case.

What about the BADI "Change Respresentation of Campaign Bars" - /SAPAPO/PCM04_PT_PRS?

In the standard system, the campaign bars displayed in the resource chart of the DSPB are labelled with info: the APO campaign number, short text, and status.

We can use this BADI tooverride this standard setting and tailor the label for the campaign bar according to our own criteria. Any type of information can be displayed. In addition,we an override the campaign color and status-dependent hatches.

My requirement is to see in the campaign description, per example on the receipts view transaction or on the DSPB, the setup group as description. So I would be enough with the campaign number and the description (setup group) that I wanna see.

Thanks a lot!

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Yes, you may please try.

This BADI gets information for Campaign Bar in Detailed Scehduling Planning board.

Regards

Datta

Answers (0)