Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot use &SAP_EDIT command on SE16N on some tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is probably something easy to explain for all the experts out there:

I was asked by one of our developers the reason why he couldn't use the &SAP_EDIT command on some Z* tables.

When I tried it for myself, I could see that in fact the command couldn't be used with the table he asked me about but I could use it with some other Z* tables. He then told me he could do it until last monday but not now...

When comparing one table where I could use the &SAP_EDIT command with another where it wasn't possible, I couldn't find any differences on the table configurations.

Now, I have a couple of questions about this:

1. Where is this configured? What property should be changed so I can use the &SAP_EDIT command?

2. Is there a way to find out who (or what) changed the system's behavior when using the &SAP_EDIT command on this table?

Thanks,

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Using &SAP_EDIT functionality users can update tables even with SE16N (SAP has removed this

function with note 1420281.). Maybe this note was implemented.

Actually in Production you should not have ability to update tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good find Nishant.

The content was delivered in Release 600 with Support Package 17 and Support Package 18.

Probably the support packs are implemented in his system, which should have incorporated the change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you!

You're absolutely right.. this note was applied about two weeks ago

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

if you want the old function back, have a look

at note 1446530 - CO-OM tools: SE16N: Use of &SAP_EDIT

best regards

Raymond Michalek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1446530 seems to be unavailable (or only internal). Does anyone have the instructions mentioned in the note; in order to get this functions back?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Drogehd,

i think, you have to wait until the note 1446530 is available again.

After importing this note you can turn on / off the &sap_edit - functionality.

Best Regards

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

The note 1446530 in its version 5 doesn't solve the problem. There is an error in include LSE16NF10, form routine FILL_SAP_EDIT-

*..this function is only allowed for special purposes
   if ld_on <> true.
      exit.
   endif.

The data declaration of the variable ld_on is-

data: ld_on(1)  value ' '.

And definition of true is-

constants: true(1)  value 'X'.

It's obvious that such if check would always be true and hence, the subsequent code won't be executed. Effectively, the note does nothing.

Instead, use t-code UASE16N and type in &SAP_EDIT, if data editing is needed. It works without the note.

Nevertheless, it is enjoyable to read the language of note 1420281.

-Abhijeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

very very useful info you gave me (and us all of course) about usage of &sap_edit with transaction UASE16N....i was sort of stuck in a new system without being able to use edit functionality, and this hint saved me :).

Thanks a lot and warm regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Abhijit,

When I try to user transaction UASE16N, it says "Progam is obsolete. Use transaction SE16 instead".

I have implemented the SAP Note 1446530, still the &sap_edit function doesn't work.

Any new note to be applied to solve this issue??

Thanks in Advance.

Sagar

PatrickVermeire
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You still can use se16n as before with a little debugging!

1) Start 'se16n'

2) Type '/h' enter debug mode.

Write the variables in debug mode

-> gd-sapedit

-> gd-edit

Change their values 'X'.

3) Press 'F8'

Kind Regards,

Patrick Vermeire

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Patrick : Wow......This is amazing...been searching for this for too long...Bravo !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Patrick,Could you please tell the steps in detail

I have done the same and enterd the variables but there was no value olnly hexadimal value and the value fields are in grey mode,Please help

PatrickVermeire
Explorer
0 Kudos

Itu2019s just the way I explained before:

Start SE16N, enter a value for the table you want to change, enter /h in transaction window and press return.

Youu2019ll get a message that debugging was switched on.

Press F8 and debugging session will start. Type GD-EDIT & GD-SAPEDIT in the variables.

Press on the u201Cchange field contentu201D en change values to X. Be sure to press the return button and check that both fields are changed to X.

Press F8.

If it doesnu2019t work the first time, try again with /nSE16N.

If it still doesnu2019t work ask your BC people to try it or ask for SAP_ALL authorization.

It should work!

Kind Regards,

Patrick Vermeire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amazing !! Cheers.

Answers (0)