Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentication Problem for WebService

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have some existing interface which are SOAP to RFC synchronous.In this I am genreting WSDL and providing this WSDL to sender side and it is working fine. But when I have used same WSDL and Provide to some other application people and when are trying to consume that WSDL they are getting the Authentication error that they are fail to connect my XI server.

plz suggest

Regards

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abahy,

I would not rely on a ping for a connection test, due to firewalls may ignore ICMP packages. Let the users try to connect via browser to your PI. If they see the error messages of the Netweaver J2EE stack, the PI is reachable from their site.

Regards

Sven

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Are the user id's provided for connection for both the systems same ?

If users are different then this might be authorization issue.

If users are same then Can you post the exact error they are getting?

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the message is unable to step into server automatically.Connecting to server machine failed.the debugger cannot connect to remote computer.this maybe beacuse the remote computer does not exit or may be firewall may be prventing communication to remote computer.

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the below;

1. Firewall and ports - the external server should be able to connect to PI box. usually the ports range from 50000-5XXXX (get a confirmation on the ports from your basis team)

2. Do they have a user id and pwd to connect to PI to initiate the call.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

As explained by Vijay this seems to be problem with firewall and ports.

Tell your target system to try to ping the XI system. If they are facing problem over there in that case it is connectivity issue.

Ask your basis team to get involved into this.

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay/Raj,

I am working on SOAP to RFC scenario so for this do I need RFC conection between Application >>>XI BOX >>>> .how can I check the Connectivity?

for this , what I have to check with Basis. As far as I know SOAP(webservice) >>>XI>>>ECC

we don't need any RFC connection ..

for what purpose I have to use user ID and pasword?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abahy,

I am working on SOAP to RFC scenario so for this do I need RFC conection between Application >>>XI BOX >>>> .how can I check the Connectivity?

tcode sm59 -> HTTP Connections to ABAP System -> your ECC system -> Test connection

As far as I know SOAP(webservice) >>>XI>>>ECC

we don't need any RFC connection ..

for what purpose I have to use user ID and pasword?

For PI -> ECC, you need RFC Connection.

User id / password, for logging in to PI, will be required by source system for SOAP -> PI.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first i think you should confirm whether your partneru2018s message is arrived pi system by look at in rwb and xi abap stack。

if it can't came Into pi system.it maybe network or user and password issues。you can let your partner in his host to check if your wsdl's location can show nornall in his/her net browser and check the user and password which used to connect to pi is correct.

by above you could know where is the porblem.