Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running WD Application : SLD Connectivity Error

rohit_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I developed a Web Dynpro Application using the R/3 Backend in SAP Netweaver Developer Studio and deployed it.

When i run the Application i get the following error.

Refer the error stack trace below :

I am new to WAS administration.Can anyone help me on this

Regards...Rohit

Error stacktrace:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type <b>com.sap.demo.flightlist.model.types.Bapimaxrow could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to load client to connect to SLD. Please check your SLD connection settings using the Visual Admin.</b>

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory$1.run(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:431)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getClient(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:425)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:427)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:171)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:101)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen Guertler,

Whenever we make application in SAP Netweaver Studio .ear application is made how can that application be deployed in EP.

That is i want to create my iview in EP and that iveiw should contain details of .ear file or application developed in SAP Netweaver Studio .

I have deployed my application but i want to create iview with the help of this

Thanks for the quick response,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

you can deploy the Web Dynpro .ear archive using the SDM - this is also available on a EP running on SAP J2EE Engine 6.40.

The creation of a Web Dynpro iView is explained in detail in the document you can find on the Web Dynpro SDN page.

The iView could be exportet as an .epa file. If you want to deploy both the Web Dynpro application and the iView together you have to deploy both archives (the .ear and the .epa) together on the second EP.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jochen,

I have successfully deployed my demo application "First Dynpro Application using SAP Netweave Studio" given in SDN which takes user input and display its name , but when I am trying to create <b>SLD and JCO Connection</b> for calling a BAPI it is giving me below error.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=erpides01 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=EII MSSERV=sapmsEII PCS=1 ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Sat Nov 06 16:40:11 2004 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 1

Reference of this demo program in given at SDN by the name

"SAP Netweaver in Real World II" where we are calling BAPI but help given in this and sdn forum is not helpful.

Thanks for the co-operation,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you still looking for solution. I faced similar problem and found solution. Check in actual R/3 system, if group PUBLIC exists for the message server settings

0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I have the same problem with my message server when I try to create a JCO Connection to run my Web dynpro application (RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION : connect to message server host failed ...).

- in R/3 system, group PUBLIC exists for the message server settings.

- my JCo example runs on local machine

As you found solution to this problem, Could you give me more detail for that, please ?

Thank for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Try looking at my response at this link, it may be your problem.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https://

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am also facing the same problem like Rohit.For making Demo application when we click on Deploy and Run application I get the same error which Rohit is sharing.There are two thing.

1.Can the demo application be deployed without EP server if yes then how.

2.How we can deploy our application made in SAP Developer Netweaver Studio to Enterprise Portal.

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

regarding question one: You can deploy the demo application of course without EP. The only thing to do is to setup the SLD connection and the JCo destinations using the Web Dynpro Content Administrator.

You can have also a look to the document available here in SDN how to use the Web Dynpro Content Administrator.

Regarding question two: If you are talking about EP SP2 this is not possible since the SP2 runs in SAP J2EE 6.20.

If you want to run a Web Dynpro appplication inside a SP2 portal you have to install a second machine running the Web Dynpro stuff.

If you use something higher than SP2 you can directly deploy the Web Dynpro application on the portal installation (the Web Dynpro runtime is part of the core SAP J2EE Engine 6.40).

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

Try checking up your sld connection in the content administrator.

http://<server>:50000/webdynpro/welcome/

What about the Http Settings and CIM Client Generation settings in the SLD Data supplier service accessible through via the Visual Administrator? Have they been set

Regards

Pran

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

After installaing youu have to carry out several steps which are necessary before you can run an application accessing backend SAP system.

The first step is to mention the user and password and port for SLD in the Visual Administrator. For that log in to Visual Administrator and under server -> services -> SLD Data Supplier select the TAB CIM Client Generation and mention the user,password, port and host.

After that in the SLD import the CIM content files and create a technical system.

Then in Webdynpro Content Administrator create the JCO Destinations.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please help me what is the default port number for SLD?

I am using the host name as host name of the R/3 system.

User id and Password is the J2ee user and password