cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship b/w seasonal model and seasonal planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any relationship between Seasonal Planning and Seasonal Model ?

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Season Planning is a special fucntionlity availble in APO Demand Planning.

For seasonal planning, the system aggregates the data of several periods of a specific periodicity (such as a month or week) to a season, and the data of several seasons to a season year.

We can use u2019Seasonal Planningu2018 to perform a flexible time-based aggregation of planning data based on season years. We can divide the time frame of a season year into as many seasons as we wish, and model season years according to regions. For example we may divide season year in 4 seasons.

For differnent regions we may have seaosn year start and end differently.

Seasonal model is one of the forecast model ,like constant, trend models in Univariate forecasting method. We use seasonal model for executing forecasts for products which have demand pattern which is seasonal.

We may say that seasonal planning functionlity will be ceratinly used for products with seasonal pattern of demand, so that we have a better visibility of the periods in terms of seaosn year.

I hope this will be useful.

Datta Kadam

Edited by: Dattasaheb Kadam on Mar 31, 2010 3:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thankyou very mmuch for your response.

So in a way Seasonal planning will just aggregate the data of planning bucket based on the definition of seasons.

If the season is defined using months and 3 months equal to one season then system will aggregate the data for 3 months and then show it as planned data for particular season. Am I correct ?

Can we see this aggregated data in Planning Book ?

Technically seasonal planning is not used to forecast any demand. It is just used to view the forecasted demand in a more precise way say season.

Please confirm my understanding.

Thank you very much for your help.

Prabhat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Yes. Further we may have say 4 seasons for one season year.

Yes. The main purpose is to perform a flexible time-based aggregation of planning data based on season years.

In normal way, we have either weeks, months, year etc. However, we do not have seaons ( depending up on our own needs)

Therefore normal aggreagation will be on weeks, months, years etc.

Hope this clarifies the functionlity.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Datta,

I have acknowledged your help

Answers (0)