cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1326806 confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to install a netweaver 7.00. In the installation notes I´ve found this error in the note 1326806. The message is the next:

-

-

< 10/APR/08, D023322 >----

-

ABAP, ABAP+Java: Installation/system copy: apply most recent R3load

Symptom:

As of SAP Basis 7.00, LCHR fields are no longer mapped to LONG but to CLOB. It depends on the number of characters whether CLOB or VARCHAR are used.

In case of Unicode, all fields with more than 666 characters are mapped to CLOB.

Cause:

It turned out that CLOB is not suitable for performance. As 2000 is not the hard limit (this would be 4000), we decided to define 4000 for the limit as of SAP Basis 7.00.

Solution:

Download the most recent R3load from the Software Distribution Center at http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Downloads -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 -> Entry by Component -> Application Server ABAP -> SAP Kernel 7.00 - Oracle - R3LOAD

Where I´ve to put the last R3LOAD??

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the R3load in SAPinst directory.

Thanks,

Sachin Sable

Former Member
0 Kudos

This last answer have more sense.Because in the note is remarkin pre-installation.

It´s mandatory to copy the newest R3load in the Installation Master DVD copied in the HDD o I´ve to replace it in the directory sapinst???

This step is mandatory?

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Mar 31, 2010 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

copy the newest R3load in the Installation Master DVD copied in the HDD o I´ve to replace it in the directory sapinst

You have to copy the R3Load in sapinst directory on you server i.e if your are installing on Windows then you have to copy the latest R3load in Program Files/SAPinst....

This step is mandatory?

This is not Mandatory but most recommended.

Thanks,

Sachin Sable

Former Member
0 Kudos

And Which will be the correct path?

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN\SYSTEM\MSS\CENTRAL\AS\install

Under Install?

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note describe this:

-

< 10/APR/08, D023322 >----

ABAP, ABAP+Java: Installation/system copy: apply most recent R3load

Symptom:

As of SAP Basis 7.00, LCHR fields are no longer mapped to LONG but to CLOB. It depends on the number of characters whether CLOB or VARCHAR are used.

In case of Unicode, all fields with more than 666 characters are mapped to CLOB.

Cause:

It turned out that CLOB is not suitable for performance. As 2000 is not the hard limit (this would be 4000), we decided to define 4000 for the limit as of SAP Basis 7.00.

Solution:

Download the most recent R3load from the Software Distribution Center at http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Downloads -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 -> Entry by Component -> Application Server ABAP -> SAP Kernel 7.00 <32 or 64 Bit> -> <Operating System> - Oracle - R3LOAD

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where I´ve to put the last R3LOAD??

Its an installation, and R3load is part of the kernel.... Usually the CI is installed before the DB... R3load will be used for the DB load... As far as I can see you can replace the file after the kernel has been decompressed by sapinst into /sapmnt//exe

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I will stop the installation after the CI is installed? And replace R3load?

In the sap note 1326806, this step is on the pre-installation, not during the installation

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Apr 6, 2010 10:45 AM

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to stop SAP installtion.

Once the phase of kernel extract is completed you can immeditly change the R3load binary on the fly.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will be secure?

The old R3load will not be blocked with the process installation?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it shouldn't, R3load won't be used until the DBload is started

Regards

Juan

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

R3load will not be used untill your database creation and load activity get start.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then while sapinst is extracting the Kernell in the screen of the installation steps, after this I´ve to supplied the old R3load, for the new R3Load.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Donwload R3load and put the same in kernel directory i.e.

in windows :- <drive>/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/UC/NTAMD/

in Unix :- /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/

Replace the replace the R3trans , restart the sapinst

Thanks

Anil