Please explain the steps in billing plan for Milestone billing.
Thanks in advance
Milestone billing means distributing the total amount to be billed over multiple billing
dates in the billing plan.
As each milestone is successfully reached, the customer is billed either a percentage of
the entire project cost or simply a pre-defined amount.
During sales order processing, the system determines from the item category whether a
billing plan is required and, if so, which type of plan
The type of billing plan that is determined at this point is set up in Customizing and
cannot be changed in the sales document.
Billing plans for periodic billing and milestone billing plans for project-related milestone
billing have different overview screens so that you can enter data relevant to your
For example, for milestone billing, you must be able to enter data to identify the
IMG configuration requires :-
1. Maintain billing plan types for milestone billing in OVBO.
2. Define date description in SM30 - V_TVTB.
3. Maintain Date Category for Billing Plan Type IN OVBJ.
4. Allocate date category in SM30 - V_TFPLA_TY.
5. Maintain date proposal for Billing Plan Type in OVBM.
6. Assign Billing Plan Type to Sales Documents Type in OVBP.
7. Assign Billing Plan Type to Item Categories in OVBR.
8. Define rules for determining the date in OVBS.