cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit SC: value limit lower then expected value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I request a Limit item shopping cart and I, for example, set the valluelimit on u20AC400,- and the expected value on u20AC1200,-, the approval takes place on the amount entered in value limit (u20AC400,-), but the p-order inherts the amount in expected value (u20AC1200,-).

In confirmation it is only possible to confirm u20AC400,-.

This is not a desirable behaviour because the approval can be avoided and it could lead to "confirmation problems" when the values are entered wrong by mistake.

Is there a solution that solves the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jorgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorgen ,

The system uses the "Value limit" for any approval process and this

value will be displayed on the PO. The "Expected Value" is used for

controlling and represents the total commitment being made by the

document. If your commitment ("Expected Value") is greater than your

"Value Limit", then the purchaser can increase the "Value Limit" on

the purchase order to allow the commitment to be met. For example,

you have a purchase order that will be in effect for a while and you

only want a limited amount released each month. You would enter the

total amount in the "Expected Value" and each month you would increase

the "Value Limit". This may be, for example, $12,000 for a year.

However, you may not want the full $12,000 posted against the order all

at once if it is a 12 month order for something recurring. You would

put the "Value limit" at $1000, for example, because that controls the

total that can be posted against the service entry sheet.

Using BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI, you could implement your own error

message to be raised if you would prefer that the user cannot enter

an "Expected Value" greater than the "Value Limit".

I hope this information helps you.

Best regards

Summer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Summer, Jay,

In our configuration the expected vallue is used in the PO (this is standard behaviour as far as we know).

Can you tell me more about how to set up the Badi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to overcome this problem?

Kind regards,

Jorgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you would like to prevent the expected value from being higher than the value limit in SC, implement the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI, method BBP_DOC_CHECK, with your logic in a branch for

if flt_val eq 'BUS2121'.

Get the detail of the SC by calling BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL; check each limit entry and compare "EXP_VALUE" and "LIMIT". Throw error message accordingly.

0 Kudos

Hi Jay Yang,

we are getting more number of record  in BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL from E_LIMIT. How to filter or retrieve this limt value and expected value out of the record.

Thanks & Regards,

sridhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't solve my problem.

My opinion is that it shouldn't be possible for the expected value to be higher then the value limit.

When the vallue limit is higher than the expected value the approval always takes place on the highest amount and the amount in the PO is subsequently always approved. Also the amount that is to be confirmed is the same of higher than the ordered amount

So my question is really, if there is some kind of check that prevents the expected value to be higher then the value limit?

Regards,

Jorgen

Edited by: Jorgen Elten van on Apr 1, 2010 8:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My opinion is that it shouldn't be possible for the expected value to be higher then the value limit.

Expected value is only important (mandatory) when "unlimited" is checked. It does not have further impact on the limit validation beyond that. The usage of expected value is probably minimum for newer SRM releases (>= 5.0).

So my question is really, if there is some kind of check that prevents the expected value to be higher then the value limit?

Not in the standard that I know of. However if you must, you could always implement BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the approval takes place on the amount entered in value limit (u20AC400,-)

This is based on your workflow set up, either in your starting condition, or in your BAdI implementation for BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI. You could change the set up to look for expected value if that's what your requirement is.

but the p-order inherts the amount in expected value (u20AC1200,-).

Are you sure the overall value is not also transferred to PO? Both of the limit values are supposed to be transferred to PO.

In confirmation it is only possible to confirm u20AC400,-.

This is per standard.