cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Request Management for multiple production clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are using SolMan 7.0 SP16 and tring to apply ChaRM functionaliy for ERP 6.0 enviornment.

Our ERP 6.0 client landscpe is as follows

DEV QAS PRD

-

100 100 100

200 200 200

300 300 300

400 400 400

500 500 500

• Client control of transport route is activated

• Transport request from 100 only goes to client 100 in QAS and client 100 in PRD

• Transport request from 200 only goes to client 200 in QAS and client 200 in PRD

• and so on

[Question]

• Does SolMan ChaRM support the above transport management?

• Is anybody acutally doing such a transport management with SolMan?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Koji,

can u keep us updated with your pb. If you fixed it could you please close topic

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone

Thanks for your advice and sorry for my late response. (was swamped)

I successfully tested ChaRM with the following enviornment.

Clients

800 DEV1

801 QAS1

802 PRD1

900 DEV2

901 QAS2

902 PRD2

I created 2 maintenance cycles and faced some problem. The problem was caused by the inefficient role comparison in PFCG.

Really thanks. I will created production environment. (there will be more than 20 production enviornment)

Will update you the result

BR

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Koji ,

i ve been recently facing the same problem than you; and i would like to correct something said above.

You don t necesseraly need 2 different maintenance cycles to have a double track even if its client tracks (done it just a couple of weeks ago)

Steps to probably fix your problem

- configuration of STMS should be done as Stephane's said above with specific transport layers and be CONSISTENT

- Solman should be aware of the last configuration done on the domain controler (maybe your sanb box syst)

- in SMSY you should have 2 different logical component

Dev Tar Prd

800 -> 801 -> 802

900 -> 901 -> 902 (Be carreful at the role types assigned to your clients)

- While your SMSY ; check all RFCs (4 for each client so 4 x 6 = 24) work fine with authorization checks

- Create a maintenance cycle with the 2 logical components declared before

- As stephane's said make sure maintenance cycle sees the exact same configuration than the one done in domain controler (STMS in Sand Box)

- Create maintenance cycle tasklist . You should have 4 nodes (1 for the header tasks, 1 for the scma closure tasks, 2 for the tracks as declared )

- When creating a normal correction and using an Ibase correponding to one of the 2 prod clients declared (802 or 902) ; you should be able to choose your newly generated tasklist

Hope it helpful

Keep us aware

Regards

Khalil

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koji,

Yes it will support and you can create a single project with all the logical component and having single maintenance cycle attached to it or you can have mulitple projects with single logical component attached to it because Project and Maintenance Cycle has 1:1 relationship.

its upto you how you want it and

To have your doubt removed at once check this blog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors

Hope it solves ur problem

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

Today, based on your advice and recommendation, I did some test on our prototype SolMan.

I created 6 clients in SolMan.

Clients

800 DEV1

801 QAS1

802 PRD1

900 DEV2

901 QAS2

902 PRD2

and integrated with ChaRM functionality. 2 separated projects and maintenance cycles were created for a group of 800, 801, 802 and of 900, 901, 902. Both maintenance cycles were created without any problem.

Transporting 800 -> 801 -> 802 worked fine, but transporting 900 -> 901 -> 902 have a problem although configurations are basically same.

Here is the problem I encouter.

When I peform an action, backgournd action " SET_BO_LINKS", "CREATE_HF" are executed, which generates errors.

Error message in application log

1. Task list H000000118 NOT created by user XXXXX on 20100402 at 204907

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST304

2. Solution Manager and Change Request Management are not consistent

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST145

3. System SM1, client 900 for project ZCM_MTS003 not found in table /TMWFLOW/PROJMAP

Message no. /TMWFLOW/TASKLIST174

So I run configuration check report "/TMWFLOW/CHARMCHK" and no problem is detected...

One thing I found out is that some data of project in table "/TMWFLOW/PROJMAP" is deleted when action " SET_BO_LINKS", "CREATE_HF" are executed. If I update project in Solar_Project_Admin, removed data is recovered.

Does any have any clue? This problem occurs only in one of 2 project (900, 901, 902)

Again, my SolMan version is 7.0 SP16.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any comments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you detail the transport routes that you define in your system ? Furthermore, in the project administration (solar_project_admin), there is a button in the system tab that allows to display the transport routes as they are seen from ChaRM point of view. Do you see the same than from TMS ?

Regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Christoph wrote, if you want to do the following:

• Transport request from 100 only goes to client 100 in QAS and client 100 in PRD

• Transport request from 200 only goes to client 200 in QAS and client 200 in PRD

You need to define a transport layer for each development client and in TMS of you domain controler double click on the development system in the transport route view and go to standard transport layer tab. Then add a layer for each client.

That should do it.

Kind regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koji,

yes ChaRM supports this system landscape, since it basically is a simple 3 system landscape.

You will have to create a maintenance cycle for each productive client though.

Regards,

Christoph