cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in dropdown list field are empty in PDF form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Viewing a pdf form created with SAP interactive Forms offline method, the data in the dropdown list field are empty.

The data in the dropdown list field are generated by xml file produced by an abap report.

The problem occurs opening the form with Adobe Reader 8.1 or higher. Using Adobe Reader release 7.0.9 everything is ok.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards.

Moreno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder on what basis you´re running? what about your patch level? I don´t understand why would the designer version make the final form not-working. And I don´t understand why would the Reader should be the cause. I have worked both with 7.1 designer and 8-9 reader without any problems. From my point of view the problem is with the ADS (where ADs is alyway a version back compared to the Adobe standard) or with the form (sometimes people try to manually change the XML source of the form, because they try to make something new working but it is not working on the old ADS).

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Patch Level are:

- SAP_BASIS is 7.01 SP2

- ADSSAP is 7.01 SP0

Moreno

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but are using Web Services to get the data into dropdown?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t understand "ADSSAP is 7.01 SP0".

I wanted to get a PL number, what is like 1...10, 11, 12 etc.

Maybe you should patch up the ADS?

But we are all only guessing as you can see, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to patch ADSSAP to SP2

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

set the PDF version to auto and warning will disappear

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW: what does this mean

are generated by xml file produced by an abap report.

What XML you deal with? You´re not supposed to work with any XML files directly...

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my experience Reader 8.1 should be the fastest, bug-free and the mst stable Reader ever. Are you sure the problem appears in the Reader 8.1? I would understand the problem in for example 9.

Are you sure the problem is only in the reader version? Maybe there is some mismatch in your scripts inside the form which cause the problem (are there any scripts?). Or maybe that has nothing to do with the reader version. Have you tried debugging and use the form trace?

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

the only release of Adobe Reader that work is 7.0.9. Release 8.1 and 9 have the same problem where the data in the dropdown list field are empty.

At the end of the trace file in Adobe Reader 9.0.3 I find this error message:

"Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of Acrobat / Adobe Reader 7.0.5."

The form has been created using Adobe Lifecycle Design 7.1.

Any idea?

Thanks

Moreno