cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver (ABAP+JAVA) Kernal Patch upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

AIX 64 bit , SAP Netweaver 7.0 and Oracle .

i want to upgrade the Kernal patch (SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP+JAVA ) on BI PROD , QA and DEV servers.

i have downloaded latest Application server ABAP kernal patch . pls check the below link is correct or not.

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" Entry by Component" Application Server ABAP

SAPEXE_236-20000978.SAR

SAPEXEDB_236-20000978.SAR

DBATL700O10_46-20000978.SAR

lib_dbsl_241-20000978.SAR

tp_245-20000978.SAR

dw_248-20000978.SAR .

i have done ABAP kernal patch Upgrade in SAP ECC 6.0 Abap Stack . I thing the same procedure i need to follow in SAP Netweaver 7.0 . kindly suggest i am correct or not.

I have not done Kernal Upgrade Java Application server .Kindly suggest what are the SAR files i need to download fron service.sap.com.

Kindly check the below link is correct or not.

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" Entry by Component" Application Server Java.

Kindly suggest How to Upgrade Kernal Upgrde SAP netweaver 7.0 (ABAP+java Stack).

Kindly provide detail kernal upgrade steps

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To update the kernel of double stack system, you should use JSPM.

Copy the kernel SAR files that you downloaded to /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in folder and use JSPM to deploy them.

Refer to note 901270 for the rules for kernel archives.

Note 891983 might be helpful if you experience an issue with JSPM.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Colud u provide brief information about to JSPM.

It wil be help to complete my task.

Regards

0 Kudos

HI,

You can use Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) to apply the latest Java kernel

and Java support packages.

JSPM is a Java standalone tool that you can use with SAP NetWeaver 2004s. JSPM uses the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) to apply support packages and patches and to deploy software

components.

In 7.1 and above JSPM calls Deploy controller service.

For more information about JSPM and how to use this tool, see https://help.sap.com/nw2004s->;

SAP NetWeaver Library -> SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability -> Solution Life Cycle Management by Key Capability -> Software Life Cycle Management -> Software Maintenance -> Java Support Package Manager.

Best Regards

NIraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procedure for java system is the same which you have done for Abap system.

The location is right for java kernel upgrade

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" Entry by Component" Application Server Java.

Pls download the following file for kernel upgrade

SAPEXE_236-20000978.SAR

SAPEXEDB_236-20000979.SAR

DBATL700O10_46-20000979.SAR

Thanks

Anil