Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML e-mail for watched forum posts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any chance of sending the forum posts in HTML format? I find the current presentation unappealing, I would prefer an HTML tabular display (wrapping in cell), something like:

Forum: <...>

Topic: <...>

Posted By: <...>

When: <...>

<MESSAGE>

We could also hide the links to the forum and topic behind nicer labels.

BTW, do we award points to answers in this forum?

Cheers,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

"Unapealing" it is, but that doesn't get it very high on the long requirements list.

To make it more appealing to reward points is higher up there and I think everyone would love to see that.

Nevertheless I added it to the list.

Best, Mark.

P.S. On one hand I don't care about points, on the other I get teased in the office when I am not in the top ten, although with all this great contributions from you guys and girls, I am letting go of that goal. So don't bother.

Message was edited by: Mark Finnern

4 REPLIES 4

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

"Unapealing" it is, but that doesn't get it very high on the long requirements list.

To make it more appealing to reward points is higher up there and I think everyone would love to see that.

Nevertheless I added it to the list.

Best, Mark.

P.S. On one hand I don't care about points, on the other I get teased in the office when I am not in the top ten, although with all this great contributions from you guys and girls, I am letting go of that goal. So don't bother.

Message was edited by: Mark Finnern

0 Kudos

Well, I gave you a couple of points to boost your self esteem all the same - besides I haven't had the opportunity to award points since the system was introduced.

BTW, I would point out that an HTML e-mail would make it simple for the asking party to award points, the 2, 6 and 10 star icons could appear in the e-mail and all you'd need to do is click on the appropriate one.

Next step after that is to allow me to reply to an SDN thread via e-mail. Gets me all tingly just thinking about it...

SB

0 Kudos

Sending out html email only will always cause some commotion.

There are always some people using text-only mail programs such as mutt or pine (and the percentage is much higher among developers than in other parts of society). I'm not using pine or mutt at the moment, but if I had the possibility I would swap rather quickly.

0 Kudos

Of course, sending in HTML versus plain text would be an option.

SB