cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Connect: Using general sender email address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I wonder whether this is possible. Our sapconnect is working properly, when sending the mail the address of the particular user is being used. If there is no email address assigned - the default domain setting in SCOT will create one.

Now, sombody wants me to configure sapconnect using a non existing email address e.g. confirmation(at)companydomain.com. This one should be the sender address in any outbound email communication (the sense of this is a totally different story).

Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or, can tell whether this is possible at all ?

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can not be possible without having valid email id in the company domain.

Have you found any solution on this?

Or is there any idea in your mind?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mansawi.

Thanks four your reply. I think I have to clarify a bit.

The goal is to achive the following: the sender adress out of sap should be in any case a so called "noreply(at)companydomain.com" email, instead of the personalized email adress "person.a(at)companydomain.com" of the person that triggers the email.

I've checked with some fantasy sender adress in my user profile - the exchange server delivers without problems.

Meanwhile I doubt this is possible, since sapconnect sending usually uses the user's master data to get the sender adress..

Kind Regards,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of mails are sent from some specal ids which do not have inbound email access.

Example :When the bills are generated in SAP the special user send the bills using SMTP emails however this user can not receive any mail.

Or

you can set more than 2 email ids for any user in SU01.(I have not tried this but there is option of setting more than one email id in SU01)

Let me know if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswi,

thanks for your hints. No1 is a good workaround that has been accepted.

Concerning No2: I did'nt know this was possible...

I don't know for what reason 2 mail adresses can be entered, since during normal mailing process the one that has been marked as standard will always be used. Maybe I'll check for this at a later time, to find a use case for a 2nd mail adress in user's master data.

Kind Regards,

Heiko

Answers (0)