cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8D REPORT

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

can any body developed 8D report for customer complients if any body developed just tell me how to get the 3rd step to 8 now i am get reference and defect description and defect cause but i am not get in 8D report immediate task corrective tasks and indetification of delivered material and check success of corrective task and comments if i want pick the step what i should do kindly give me adive

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmiananda,

You can get beautiful report of 8D from std SAP only. In QM01 check right hand side there is action box where you have option of create 8D. If you maintain the correct data at correct field the beautiful 8D report can be generated.

Alternately you can develop your own format through abaper. Pl explain in detail where are you stuck up??

Best Regards,

Shekhar

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shaker

thank u for ur replay but thing is that i cont get information about the defect causes and immediate task and corrective task and indentification of delivered material and check success of corrective task and comments

how i will get those information because i filled all information in notification but i cont get 8d report those information

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For getting the data in S.No.3 to 8 , put the relevant number in the "sort number of the task", and the same task would be printed in the relevant S.No.

E.g., if u want to put some task in S.No.3, put the sort number of the task as 3, while printing the 8D report , the task would be coming in S.No.3

Thanks & Regards,

SUMIT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmiananda,

You can / should maintain all the information in notification and then only you will get that information in 8D report.

Following are the areas where you can maintain the same information in QM01 (Notification):

1) defect causes : go to QM02 >> enter notification no. >> go to item tab and then causes tab there you will find field called 'cause code text' if you maintain cause ( in causes QS41) 8D will capture that.

2) Immediate task and corrective task and indentification of delivered material and check success of corrective task and comments :

go to QM02 >> enter notification no. >> go to item tab and correction task tab >>

there you put sr no. 4,5,6,7 & 8 for Immediate task, corrective task, Identification of delivered material, check success of correction task and comments respectively.

You have to define these tasks in QS41 catalog type 'T' Task (QM),then put actions / details in task long test.

when you view the 8D report system shows you all details maintained in those fields.

Please get back if you have any doubts, I have tested the same and it works finely.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shaker

thank u very much ur replay my query is what ur explained i already maintain those catalogs and same i assigned related for notification tabs like task cause activity items etc.., but i cont get the 8D report is there any configuration setting is need guide me

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please chek the function module you are using to generate 8D report with the help of ABAPer. Try to debug there if possible.

In case of no success, I suggest to go for your own developed function module for this purpose.

Best Regard,

Anand Rao

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Than k u very much in 8D report i got reference and defect description and defect causes and immediate task and corrective taks i got remaining identification of delivered material and check success of corrective task and commants i did't get kindly give to me Your valuble advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmiananda,

As described in my earlier mail you can define this :

To get identification of delivered material,check success of corrective task and comments in 8D report you have to define it some where first, please do following :

- Identification of delivered material : Go to notification >> Item tab >> Correction tasks >>

maintain No (sr) 6 ( number form 8d report) and whatever you maintain in 'task code text'

and task long test will come in 8D report.

- Check Success of corrective task : Go to notification >> Item tab >> Correction tasks >>

maintain No (sr) 7 ( number form 8d report) and whatever you maintain in 'task code text'

and task long test will come in 8D report

- Comments : Go to notification >> Item tab >> Correction tasks >>

maintain No (sr) 8 ( number form 8d report) and whatever you maintain in 'task code text'

and task long test will come in 8D report.

Please revert if you won't get it again.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shaker

Thank u very much friend i got the all related data in 8D report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend I am

'Shekhar' not Shaker

BR