cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Parameter Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In RZ11 when I am trying to display any parameter 3 values are coming.

1. Default Value(After Installation SAP is providing)

2. Profile Value.What is profile value & when it is equal to default or current value??

3. Current Value(If we change any parameter the new value is affected as current value)

Regrading profile value I have a little confusion.Default value & current value is ok.One more best practise I am not sure.When I will change any parameter whether it is better to change it from RZ11 or it is better to change the profile file from OS level??Which is SAP Recommended/best Industry practise??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the help documentation:

1. Default value

Default value of the parameter as defined in the kernel or default.pfl.

default value is used.

2. Profile value

Value of the parameter as defined in the instance profile. If the parameter is not defined in the instance profile, the default value is used.

3. Current value

Parameter value currently used by the system. The value can change while the system is running.

It is recommended that you should change the profile parameters as SAP level, not OS level.

You can change it at OS level, when you face any SAP startup issue because of profile parameters like memory related parameters.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh.But still use of profile value is not getting cleared..Default Value & Current value is absolutely ok but why we require profile value??change the profile parameters as SAP level has now been cleared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding,

If you defined one parameter in Default.pfl and the same parameter in Instance profile. This value will show the parameter value from Instance profile, not as in Default.pfl

It will be better to use RZ10 for parameter changes instead of RZ11. You will have not any confusion and can select the profile in which you want to change / add the parameter.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh what I understood from your reply & others thread that Profile value will always be equal to current value.If your current equal to default value then profile value will tkae the same..But still I could not find the importance of profile value..Why there is a need for SAP to keep profile value?Is'nt default & current value is not enough?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Profile value is static and required restart upon changes.

Current value can be dynamic and doesn't require restart.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh I agree with you..But the importance & use of profile value is still not understood..I mean to say that why there is a need of profile value?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishu Full marks to you for such a wonderful link..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always recommended that you change the profile parameters using

transaction rz10(SAP Recommended). And never at the OS level.

Regards,

Vishnu.