cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entering expense for projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we enter expense for individual projects? Is it possible thru travel management?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple ways of doing it. If you have created a specific cost centre to each project, just assign the total costs of trip(s) to that cost centre and when you run a report for that cost centre, the total can be assumed as cost of the project - this is simple way.

Due to any other reasons, you do not want to create a new cost centre but wish to capture costs based on individual projects, then use Internal Orders and assign Project-specific internal order to each project and this way reports can be generated to show how much we spent on any given project.

The above points should be analysed more from the project life-cycle perspective ie, duration and benefit of having proper reports. For example if the project is going to last fairly longer than 12 months, I would suggest the cost centre approach.

On the other hand you have multiple small projects, then I would suggest defining/activating internal orders and using that.

Other than all the above two, if the project duration is longer and you expect spending all the time, then defining project-specifc expense types in the configuration itself and running the report on Expense Types to keep track of project.

All depends on number of expenses, number of people working in the project and how big the project cost is as per initial estimates.

Hope this gives more info.

Rgds

CONMJI

Former Member
0 Kudos

can timesheet display 8:00-5:00 in 30 minutes intervals?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry abt previous question. I would also like to know

Currently the system has airfare,taxi and all other expenses entered in excel. Now they want to enter it directly into SAP travel expenses against projects and they want to post it to AP. How to do it?

It will be of great help if you can help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muruga,

Well you will hv to define expense types in Travel Management which can be used to directly enter them in SAP. Expense types are to be linked to wage types in TM and wage types to symbolic accounts which in turn will be linked to your general ledger codes. You may have two or more expense types linked to one general ledger account. This is especially required if you require costing report differently but ok when it comes to financial reporting. For ex. Taxi fare can have a separate expense type and train tickets can have a different expense types(if the co. wants) and both these expense types can be linked to one gl account so when you run report you can segregate to see how much was spent on taxi and how much in train spending.

let me know if you require further or close the thread.

Rgds

CONMJI

Answers (0)