cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usages of WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our project uses SLO to delete object per table, like WBS Elements in table PRPS. Upon checking, in table PRPS, some WBS that are supposed to be deleted were not deleted. May we ask how can we check where the WBS were used, or what table has still the WBS?

Thanks,

Philip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to take this up with SLO, not with SCN.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan

Could you help me here - what is SLO?

Regards

Virendra

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System Landscape Optimization. They are a service from SAP... they can merge controlling areas, rearchitect chart of accounts, renumber GL accounts, materials, etc. Think of it as a massive library of highly tuned correction programs.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think deleting a WBSE from a table is not a best practice. Because WBSE has its own life-cycle and there are various status set on it, which allows or forbids certain business transaction and it includes deleting also.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Ahmed

The business process seems to be faulty - deleting entries from table especially WBS from PRPS is not a good idea as it could lead to hierarchy errors and delinking all the associated documents with it.

Setting status to mark for deletion is another thing.

Moreover the background process (not sure what SLO is) should carry out some function which should set the status on WBS rather than deleting it from the PRPS table - that is good practice.

0 Kudos

Under normal circumstances if the end user will try to delete a wbs element the system performs series of checks...

1.if hours exist in CATS...

2.if pending po's and pr's exist

3.in case there is a settlement rule with a balance of zero in the wbs element , further checks will occur so that the balance will be 0 ...

Hope it helps

Pan