cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several old/obsolete transports in the queue - how to get rid of them.

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

We are looking at an upgrade from ECC5 to ECC6 in the near future. As part of that, i'm looking to "clean up" outstanding or unneeded objects in the system.

In this case there are several old (a couple years +/-) transport requests in the queue for our production system. None of these ever made it all the way through, or issues were discovered in QA so the object was modified and put in a new transport, which did make it into Production. Leaving these unneeded transports sitting in the queue.

1) will these be an issue for the upgrade

2) how do I go about cleaning them out of the queue? Or should I? Or can I?

I'm open to suggestions on how to manage these old transports.

(Now we will move up an incorrect transport followed immediately with the corrected transport, thereby removing an unwanted transport. Unfortunately this was always done in the early days.)

Thanks for your suggestions

Laurie McGinley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are talking about transport buffer for your prod.

This has no link to your upgrade process.

During the upgrade, it will look for open transports that were not released.( it 'll not look for the transports added to the queue)

For cleanup, you can try the option from tp command.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/3d/ad5b744ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay. Good to know they won't be an issue. I'll look into "clean up" then when/if i get the chance.

Laurie