cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Have a question, I know payment terms are defult into the sales order from the customer master (billing tab in the customer master). I wonder is there is any way we can derive payment terms from sales order doc type or item category. We have different sales order doc type so i dont want to change/ update customer master coz i dont want every order get that speical payement term but only if we use order type KB or some item categories than we want those customers that speical payment term. Let me know if you can help! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cong_yu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello samiaalis,

we have the similar requriement as well. currrently what we are doing is for those specific orders, we change the payment term manually at item level.

every week we run a query to check the reconcilation of payment terms, customers, etc...for all sales order items...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i just dont want to change these manually coz right now nobody touches that field as its just flow thru the customer master so cs will not remember to change the field when creating the specific order but query is a good option ... Anyways i think we can go with the user exit too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can control the payment terms in the order / line item based on the pricing condition records also. For example create a condition type as ZTER - Payments terms. Using VK11 maintain condition record for this condotion type and you can specific payment terms in the condiiton record. In the sales order when this condition record is applied, the specific terms will flow at the item level.

Regards

Sai