cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report on Contact attached data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on CRM 2007 Employee Interaction center. we have a requirement to pull call attached data into crm and later pull it to BI from crm to make reports out of it.

So can anyone share a doc on how to pull contact attached data(CAD) to CRM(config steps) .

Thanks in advance.

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I don't think Call attached data is stored in any DB tables. It is available in run time. You may have to write custom code to read and store into table and then report it.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad is correct, CAD will lost once new phone calls come in. There is standard class you can use, which could get the CAD. One case is I used to save it to interaction record.

br,

HB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for responding.

Could you please provide technical information around this, Standard class name etc.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for all your help.

I have done the following config.

CRM->IC Web Client->Basic Functions->Comm chaanels->Define Profile for CAD (not yet defined attributes for CAD profile)

Assign this to Business role.

Now I am able to seee CAD workcenter in Nav bar.

But I have one question for you

You have mentioned CTI vendor will know the attributes which we need to define in CAD profile. I have contacted my CTI vendor to provide the attributes, But he is not able to provide as he is not able to understand what is these attributes are.

Can you tell me what are these attributes and where do they define it (Any info around this will be useful for me).

Thanks,

Sudhakar

walt_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Call-attached data is optional and comes in addition to data already delivered by the ICI-certified third-party CTI solution. This solution shoud already deliver on each incoming call - out of the box - caller number (ANI), which can be enough to have caller automatically identified.

In case you need additional information to help identify caller, or to gather information that caller has keyed in on his phone during an automated dialog (Interactive Voice Response), then you have the possibility to transfer this extra information from the CTI solution to your SAP CRM system via ICI interface.

What should appear in the CAD is something you have to define with the CTI vendor. Have you checked with your CTI vendor if they don't already have an analysis tool of IVR dialogs ?

Let me present the example of what we did during an integration with a Cisco CTI, used in a service scenario where callers refer to service requests (creation, inquiry):

We agreed with the CTI vendor that they set-up an IVR script where caller gets asked if he is calling about an existing service request or not. If yes, he is asked to enter the number of the service request. If not, he is asked to answer 2 questions that will already help the agent who gets the call to better qualify it. Relevant answers are also displayed in the IC alert area; they are clickable (e. g. to directly navigate to service request).

We then agreed on following xml tags:

<ItemAttachedData>

<Application id="SAP-IC">

<CV01>+321234567</CV01> caller number (CLID)

<CV02>+327654321</CV02> called number (DNIS)

<CV03>1</CV03> OPEN TICKET OR NOT

<CV04>7777777</CV04> TICKET #

<CV05>1</CV05> ANSWER TO QUESTION 1

<CV06>1</CV06> ANSWER TO QUESTION 2

<CV07/>

<CV08/>

<CV09/>

<CV10/>

</Application>

</ItemAttachedData>

In SAP CRM customizing, you can specify an XSL transformation to postprocess this CAD. It is interesting to note that SAP's implementation of the XSLT processor allows call of ABAP methods, where you can easily code evaluation of CAD, and even save CAD to a custom DB table.

If you want to learn more about XSLT and ABAP, I recommend following book; it is a good investment!

http://www.sap-press.com/products/XML-Data-Exchange-using-ABAP.html

Hope I made this topic clearer

Kind regards

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Thank you very much for the response.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I have one question: would it be possible to check some data in the CRM database based on the information sent using IVR. Example: Caller is asked to enter a number. The CRM system would need to check if the number exists in the database in order to transfer the call. If yes, the call is transfered to the agent. If not, the answer is sent to the employee informing that the number was not find.

Thanks a lot.