cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple bins in one section in storage type with 'C' open storage strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am doing random storage replenishment process for a Low rack location. The replenishment gets triggered from high rack to low rack.

The low rack storage type is defined as next empty bin as putaway strategy and the storage type contains multiple bins in each section.

There is process change and I want to place multiple SUs in one bin , I want to use the putaway strategy as 'C' open storage

and mixed storage allowed with SUT check and SU management active . It is working fine as expected in terms of triggering replenishment

and storing multiple SUs in 1 bin.My concern is that as a rule open storage should contain only one storage bin for section.But in my design , each section contains

multiple storage bins. Does is really hurt in any form? What are consequences? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am doing random storage replenishment process for a Low rack location. The replenishment gets triggered from high rack to low rack.

The low rack storage type is defined as next empty bin as putaway strategy and the storage type contains multiple bins in each section.

There is process change and I want to place multiple SUs in one bin , I want to use the putaway strategy as 'C' open storage

and mixed storage allowed with SUT check and SU management active . It is working fine as expected in terms of triggering replenishment

and storing multiple SUs in 1 bin.My concern is that as a rule open storage should contain only one storage bin for section.But in my design , each section contains

multiple storage bins. Does is really hurt in any form? What are consequences? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

You are right. Normally it does not hurt, but what you are doing with the new process change contradicts your original design. Can you explain why you had storage sections in the area in the original design? Did you segregate SKU's by product families/fast movers etc....and now you dont have that requirement anymore or your SKU management has changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

One pallet (SU) per Bin was our concept in our design.Now business wants to place multiple pallets in a single bin as there is space issue in the storage type.Previously it was 'Next Empty Bin' as putaway strategy for the low rack storage type.Now I want to do 'OPen storage' with mixed storage flag.Which works really fine.The issue is managing multiple bins in a open storage section is not a rule for Open storage strategy.

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

One pallet (SU) per Bin was our concept in our design.Now business wants to place multiple pallets in a single bin as there is space issue in the storage type.Previously it was 'Next Empty Bin' as putaway strategy for the low rack storage type.Now I want to do 'OPen storage' with mixed storage flag.Which works really fine.The issue is managing multiple bins in a open storage section is not a rule for Open storage strategy.

Please suggest

Hello,

Due to the forementioned space issue, I feel you should do ADDITION TO STOCK WITH MIXED STORAGE ALLOWED. I guess you probably have palletization by SU already setup. You should also have CAPACITY CHECK active. Find out what kind of Capacity check are needed by the business and you can see if Standard offers it or you may have to customize it.

Open storage would not really make sense from your design that is already in place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

As a rule we can not do the combination of putaway strategy 'Addition to exsiting stock' with Mixed storage allowed and SU management active.

thanks in advance