cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM7.0 with R/4.6 possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement of implementing SRM7.0 with older R/3 4.6C.

Currently they are on SRM3.0 with R/3 4.6X and would be moving to SRM7.0 with the same backend.

*Is it possible?*

Please share your experience if anyone have really tried this combination.

Thanks,

-Devi Swain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note combination SRM 7.0 with R/3 4.6C is not supported. Some functions technically work but customer can not get any official support from SAP support. R/3 4.6C mainstream maintenance was ended at 31.12.2006.

http://service.sap.com/releasestrategy

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa.... I was expecting an reply from you.

Client doesnot want to go for an backend upgrade at this point of time. Still would like to evaluate if SRM7.0 support R/3-4.6.

If they get SRM7.0 with R/3 4.6, I hope the basic functionalities of SRM should work normal and SAP should provide them support for their SRM 7.0 instance.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or not.

Regards,

-Devi Swain

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working functions and official support scope is different topic. You should contact SAP for this kind of topic.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swain,

I have to install NWBC 3.0 + SRM 7.0 + SAP Rel. 4.6c. At the moment we have the issue that the NWBC doesn't work. Do you use Netweaver Portal or NWBC too.

The second issue I have is that I can't define the R/3 site with transaction: SMOEAC.

Could you send some informations with screen shots ?

Kind Regards

Hermann

mobil: ++49 1739707377

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi Swain,

Yes, It is possible. We are using SAP R/3 4.6c with SRM 7.0 SP05 with Classic deployoment.

BR,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siiv,

This is really helpful answer. Can you please share if you got any issues for integrating SRM7.0 with lower R/3 version?

Thanks,

-Devi Swain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devi Swain,

We are in built phase. Unit testing in-progress. Still now we haven't faced any major issue on integration with SAP R/3 4.6c. We faced minor issue on Storage location replication.

Storage location replication problem:

There was dump occured in SAP R/3 for RFC communication, were storage location was not replicated in SRM at the time of replicating the plant. Means, plant has been replicated to SRM, but sloc was not replicated along with plant.

ABAP Runtime Error: CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_REMOTE

We have applied the blow notes in SAP R/3 to resolve this issue.

u2022 1306450 - The SRM system calls the back-end function module BBP_RFC_READ_TABLE. After you implement Note 1175255 in the back end, depending on which back-end release you are using, incorrect data may be determined in the back end causing some values to be displayed incorrectly

u2022 1175255 - SRM calls the function module RFC_READ_TABLE in the back end. When it does this, an ASSIGN_BASE_WRONG_ALIGNMENT termination may occur

Getting ABAP dump even after implementing the above notes in SAP R/3. For this we have to make Function Module (BBP_RFC_READ_TABLE) needs to be RFC enabled

BR

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva !!!