cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDIS Automation not working - Pivoted values does not get updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm working on MDM 5.5 SP06 PL04. I'm trying to import an XML file into MDM. The XML file has 3 nodes, and one of them has to be pivoted (to be mapped to the attributes). The map works fine through Import Manager, but when I set the same for auto import using Import Server, the map fails to update the values pertaining to the nodes that was pivoted (I did provide the node at which the attributes are linked). All the other values in the other nodes get updated. The logs show that the import process when through fine. I went through the Notes, and all I found was - Note 1287448 - MDIS fails - Can't use complex import maps. However, my map isn't complex the way it's mentioned in the note (It does not have any explicit joins).

So, in a nutshell, my Import map works using the Import Manager, while some of the values (not all) does not get updated using the Import Server. Has anyone come across such an issue, or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not sure about your XML structure so can't comment on use of Pivoting. But i think, if you have a lot number of attributes then pivoting can create problem.

If you are getting attributes values in a node structure like mentioned below:

<Attribute_Data>

<Attribute_ID>XXX</Attribute_ID>

<Value>ZZZZZ</Value>

<Attribute_Data>

Here if occurance of Attribute_Data node is from 0 to unbounded then you can give a try by mapping using Attribute/values hierarchy to import attribute values. This will be better performance wise.

To do so, go to import manager Configuration options and set property attribute Display--> as attribute/value hierarchy

Create a source partition using Attribute_Id and Value Field and Map it to MDM [Attribute/Value]<Taxonomy Name> Field available in Destination Fields of Import Manager. Perform Value Mapping and save Map.

Now try auto import. It should work now.

it will be helpful if you can provide you XML structure.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shiv,

Great pointer! I was able to load the map with this method as well, and this seems to be a lot cleaner!

One question though. The number of attributes in my case is dynamic, and huge. It increases, and so does the corresponding attribute text values. I tried an automap, changed the "Automap field when loading map" to "Yes" & "Attibute value/hierarchy automap" to "Exact" ("contains" could mess up my value mapping), and saved the map. But whenever a new value comes up (that is already in the Taxonomy table, with the Remote Key maintained), the map fails to map this value.

Is there anything more that need to be done?

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, if the Attribute value is maintained in the taxonomy table with Remote Key, then with this remote key value in the source file map should not fail and it should automap value.

Please let me know with what version of MDM you are working. This may help to figure out if there is any issue or any patch installation is required to resolve this.

Also with the Source file for main table you are transferring attribute Remote key values. Right?

Just to make sure remote keys for text values are properly imported, Go to Data Manager in taxonomy mode, right click on attribute and check the Key Mapping option. it should have a right tick mark before it, and "Edit Text Values Key mappings" should be enabled.

Select the Edit text values key mappings option and check whether the remote keys for attribute text values are properly imported or not.

Please check and revert with the result.

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I've maintained the Attributes, Attribute Text Values and also the Remote Key Mapping. The values in the file are also valid. However, the values are not getting auto-mapped. I'm kind of surprised as to why this is not working. I think I'm missing something, but not sure what

The MDM Version is 5.5 SP06 PL04

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In import manager, can you try by mapping Attribute ID manually of the file to the MDM attribute. Once the attribute is mapped, click automap and let us know if the text values are mapping automatically or not.

Also, check on the release notes if this is problem with your MDM version. meanwhile i will also check on this and will revert if find anything useful.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I tried this in MDM 7.1 and the entire scenario works without a hitch. New attributes and values are automatically mapped, and the values are properly updated. In MDM 5.5, the auto-import fails and the log file has a "Value is ignored" entry for the attribute, even though I had manually mapped the attribute and the values and saved the file. I guess there might have been a patch released after SP06 PL04 which had fixed this issue. I'm hunting for the notes now!

Anyways, thanks buddy!

Regards,

Anil Madhavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I also agree it seems more like MDM Server Version Bug.

I think you are using MDM 5.5 SP6 version below than 5.5.65.66

As this similar bug was fixed in this MDM release Note 1401238 . Fixed: Map containing add value that did not exist in the source data caused an "Internal Error" during hierarchy lookup creation.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1401238

Also refer other Notes:

Fixed: Value mapping for Attribute Value Pair was not correct due to the size of text attribute values which exceeded the limit of 9999 attributes. MDM will now generate the following error when this occurs and over 9999 attributes will not be able to be imported via Attribute Values pair configuration. The error in the log will now state: "The attribute" <attribute_name> "is disabled and will not be imported since there are more than 9999 attributes in the repository."(O 657253 2009).

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1379442

Fixed: MDIS updated the hierarchy siblings tree differently then the Import Manager (O229071-2009).

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1316978

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)