cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger Classier issue -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We just installed Seeburger adapter in our PI 7.1 system. We're trying to implement a simple EDI (ANSIX12) to Idoc scenario.

I have all of the configuration correct on the communication channe. I get the following error on Communication channel monitoring -

1. Error: Error in BICMODULE-module:Adapter call failed. Reason: Classifier result not available but mappingName set to AUTO. AUTO setting requires classifier!

We have all of the mappings deployed correctly. MessageSplitter also configured correctly.

When I specify a particular mapping name, it goes through this stage.

2. We also have another issue at the next stage, the Split997 adapter is not producing a message. On the MONI, I see only one transaction - to produce 997Ack. The actual XML version of EDI message is not produced at all.

I guess these are two separate issue. Lets deal with issue #1 for now.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems more of a configuration issue. Could you provide your module configuration along wit the parameters used?

Goto NetWeaver Administrator, check for Connection Container service and look for Seeburger Bic component to see if the deployment is present and is active. If scenario works with BIC and without classifier, this would mean that deployment is proper.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Where do I find the Connection container service in NWA?

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthick,

Even though you have a classifier bean specified in the processing sequence tab, you need to define it in the module configuration tab.

For Eg.,

Processing Sequence:

localejbs/SeeClassifier

Module Configuration:

Parameter name:classifierMappingID

Parameter Value: XX (Here you need to specifiy the classifer id used in your scenario)

These steps mustbe defined before the auto mapping.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

It would be great if you can tell us what was the issue.

Thanks,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please check that you have added the classifier module bean localejbs/SeeClassifier in the module tab as the first step before the localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean bean .

As you r using mapping as AUTO u have to have classifier bean at the begining .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Yes..I do have localejbs/SeeClassifier as the first bean under processing sequence and I am using AUTO for mappingName.

We just installed Seeburger adapter..I'm wondering if modules have been deployed correctly. IS there a way to verify this?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Boominathan on Mar 31, 2010 2:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which version r u on ? The Classifier is deployed with the SEEBURGE BIC mapping adapter and, since version 1.5, no longer requires separate deployment .

Please check with you basis guys if they Seeburger BIC mapping adapter deployed properly during installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

We're in the latest version of Seeburger - Rel 2.1Q3 . I checked with Basis and there were no errors during installation.

It seems like none of the modules specified in the Module tab are being used, even though they have been listed on the processing sequence. How else could I check if these modules are infact installed correctly?

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below blog for an idea

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

Did you specified the parameter values as indicated in this blog ?

Check if not correct it..your error looks like that the Message info is not passed to the BIC Module for invoking the AUTO mapping and thats the error behind failure..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have my configuration exactly as per the blog - /people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

But the point is, none of the Modules are being called. It failing at the Classifier module itself saying

"Error: Error in BICMODULE-module:Adapter call failed. Reason: Classifier result not available but mappingName set to AUTO. AUTO setting requires classifier!"

If I specify a specific mapping name instead of AUTO, it passes on to the Splitter, but the Splitter does nto generate an attachment at all. There is no message split in the MONI as well. So I'm assuming the Splitter module is also not working as expected.

We're migrating from XI 3.0 to PI 7.1 and I'm just exporting and importing IR and ID objects. These are working scenarios in XI 3.0.

I'm wondering is I should re-deploy Seeburger adapter again in PI 7.1.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

PI 7.0/7.1 doesn't understand SDA archive, ask your basis to deploy the file as SCA and not SDA. your bicmd should be like mapping_users.sca. looks like classifier,spitter and bic modules are not being recognized.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had some strange effects when we migrated from 3.0 to 7.1: we had to change and save each comm. channel again after the upgrade, otherwise the module chain would not work. You can try that. Or even delete the module chain entries and write them new.

If that does not help, I suggest you check the relevant J2EE logfiles (default trace, applications log, Seebuger log), maybe you find some ClassNotFound Exception or other strange message which helps to track the problem.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We're still having the same issue. Have opened a ticket with SAP. I deleted and recreated the comm channel...still the modules used in module processor are not working right.

Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Karthik