cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD ECC question

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our company - pharmacy, we have a difference between our deliveries and our invoices due to which our finance reports and copa are not matching each other. How to check this list and how to proceed further. I am new can you please help. points allocated to the right answer.

Thanks in advance

Swetha

Edited by: Swetha on Mar 30, 2010 7:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your last post, what do you mean by difference in delivery and the credit memo?

As per understanding, the only difference here is the price conditions, since there might be changes on the material prices which has been delivered before and the new price considered during the creation of credit memo, all you have to do is to edit the price conditions during VA01 (order type RE) with reference to the original invoice. This is to ensure that the original invoice value for the previous delivery matched the value of the credit memo. However, if price conditions cannot be altered durin CM creation, let your FI team / accounting personnel do the reconciliation ( for the price difference) thru direct FI posting.

Thanks, hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that, the values for the delivered quantities are not yet reflecting in accounts(either invoices are not created or invoices created and not posted to accounts due to various reasons). The customers have sent back the stocks and the return delivery is done and the credit for returns created and values posted to accounts. This will show a difference in values.

If the above process is correct,

How do you create the returns order...is it with reference to Invoice or without any reference?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi. We create returns in respect to invoice, but how do we do them. And how do I solve the issue related to the differences?

Swetha

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the posting status of those invoices. You can check that either in table VBRK for the field posting status or can check in VF03 for the accounting document details. If these invoices were not released to accounts, then goto VF02, key in the invoice number and click on the release icon (green flag). This should clear the differences.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not clear what differences you are refering to. I feel that the delivey quantities are not physically delivered and hence the differences between delivery and invoice. You can check the billing due list at transaction code VF04 and see which are the items that are yet to be invoiced after the delivery is created.

If not, then let me answer it the otherway round. The differences should not come if the order-to-cash cycle is properly followed. Please note that u must tell the customer clearly that the difference is because the standard business procedure is not followed. Stress on the business process re-engineering and try to implement standard business practice and do not allow them to take shortcuts if any. Customers always want high end automation and at the same time require all provisions for last minute manupulations. Stress that SAP is implemented to maintain disciplines in the organisations apart from automation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Monica for the reply. I think I would explain more in detail. General process is first when deliveries take place immediately invoices should be done (correct me if I am wrong or please tell what should be the maximum time lapse between the 2). When the deliveries are being triggered, some are still left over as the to-do list in the invoices are not processed yet. There was a very big lapse of time between the invoices getting posted and the deliveries. Now the customer returned the goods back. The issue is seen that the COPA and FI reports are not being matched. Big question arose. Some are also very old deliveries dated - April 2009, how can we remove these deliveries?

Can you please help me what should we do in order for the deliveries and invoices to be matched in FI and COPA and old deliveries to be removed?

Thank you

Swetha

Edited by: Swetha on Mar 30, 2010 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. First check the incomplete sales documents in V.02 and fill the required incomplete details and save.

2. Next check for delivery due list at VL04 with date range and complete the delivery and process goods issue

3. Next check billing due list at VF04 with date range and complete the invoicing process.

With this you will be able to complete few of the processes

4. Now if the goods is issued and customer has returned the item before invoicing, go to transaction code VL09, reverse post goods issue first and then delete the delivery by selecting the drop down menu Outbound delivery>>delete at VL02n. Later go to the sale order at VA02, from drop down menu, choose Sales Document >> delete

5. If the invoice is created, then create returns order at VA01, order type RE and issue a credit memo.

Once evrything is done, all reports will automatically tally. Let us know if u have any doubts further

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica

If there are differences between outbound deliveries and credit memos, how should I proceed further on this.

Thank you

Swetha