Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Installation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum folks,

I have the CUA cookbook, and have followed the setup steps detailed in it. My test CUA system is almost working but I have one error, and a few questions, to which I haven't yet been able to find the answer. I was wondering if you'd be able to help me.

First, the scenario:

CUA Master: ECDCLNT400

CUA Child: SRDCLNT110

CUA users have been setup, and tested, and at this point, CUA Master can retrieve the user and role assignments from the child, and apparently, vice versa.

I have transferred all users from the child system to the master, and have reviewed a number of users to validate that it worked. The role/profile assignments from the child system are represented in the master as expected.

However when I do a text comparison from the master, I get the following error:

Central System ECDCLNT400: Canceled

User CUA_ECD has no RFC authorization for function group SUU6.

Duh ... I had to regenerate the roles, and this error went away.

Second, when I go into SU01 on the master, and try to assign a role for a user in the child system, it tells me that the role doesn't exist (when in fact it does) and if I were to try to expand the list of available roles, it doesn't have any entries. It seems that even though the text comparison comes back with all greens, it's not pulling in the roles and profiles from the child system.

I've checked the usual suspects (BD64, SCUL, WE02) and I don't see anything jumping out at me indicating a problem.

Where do you think I should look?

My Question

1. The CUA Master is housed on ECD 400. Does ECD 400 have to be setup as a child of the CUA master for it to work in SCUA, or is it automatically (as it currently seems to be) a child in the CUA landscape?

Thanks,

Santosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As per my understanding RFC you maintained are working correctly. But have you checked the logical system entry maintained in SCC4 for particular client. If Logical system is not maintained correctly in SCC4, role and profile for that system will not be visible , even after your text comparison go successfuly.

So, check the entry and for rfc error provide sufficient autorization to RFC user. If even after the solution you face the error , inform so that we can further check the issues.

Hope this works

14 REPLIES 14

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the ALE environment of CUA, the central system itself also is a child of the Central User Administration set up. So, all the steps followed for all other child systems (user transfer, company address transfer etc.) has to be executed for Central system as well. The RFC connection with central system from the Central system is basically used to communicate the master data, customizing data etc. from the Central and is cross client for the system i.e. irrespective of client.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

Thanks, this is what I thought. So I must have some additional issue because in SCUA, when I try to add my ECDCLNT400 system, it complains that this is the CUA master system.

Would this be a logical system issue?

Santosh

0 Kudos

The central system does not need to be added to the CUA configuration as a satellite system. Rather, it (1) needs o be defined as a logical system within itself, (2) have a valid RFC destination to itself and (3) the user for the RFC destination from 2 need to exist and have the necessary authorizations.

In technical terms, the central system needs a loopback interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As per my understanding RFC you maintained are working correctly. But have you checked the logical system entry maintained in SCC4 for particular client. If Logical system is not maintained correctly in SCC4, role and profile for that system will not be visible , even after your text comparison go successfuly.

So, check the entry and for rfc error provide sufficient autorization to RFC user. If even after the solution you face the error , inform so that we can further check the issues.

Hope this works

0 Kudos

...samll addition, just to make sure: the logical system name has to be set up as SRDCLNT110 in SCC4...

Please refer to the notes regarding t-code BDLS before changing the system name.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Bernhard,

The RFC connections and logical systems are named

SIDXXX_CUA

I didn't see anything wrong with this convention. Do you disagree?

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Logical system should be as per SAP standard <System-ID>CLNT<Client>..

See link:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/da/5990df015b5b43a36f6ce7fa1ee8c0/content.htm

Hope this clear the situtation.

0 Kudos

Summary of steps and associated issues that I've gone through thus far:

1. In my CUA master, I went into SA38 and ran RSDELCUA, to reset the CUA

2. I did the same in my test child client (which is now different from the client I had used when I first started this post)

3. I then went back to my CUA master, and ran SCUA, and in the new landscape named CUA_400, I added the child system. I pressed enter, it went green, no complaints.

4. When I hit save, I got the following error:

Child system SIDXXX_CUA: Activation of Central User Administration

ALE distribution model was saved

Error when generating partner profile in system SIDXXX_CUA; see long text

Central User Administration activated

5. I checked the long text. It instructed me to go to the target system (SIDXXX_CUA) and start BD64. It tells me to choose Environment > Generate Partner Profiles.

6. When I go into BD64, I note that under Central User Administration, it displays the name of the CUA Master, but it also show 3 entries - two for other CUA clients that don't exist, and one for this target system.

7. Adjacent to the two entries of CUA clients that don't exist, there is a message that says, "No short text exists". Such a message is absent adjacent to the entry for this target system.

8. I expand the entry for this target system, and I see two items:

USER.Clone CUA: Distribute Users with ALE-IDOC

UserCompany.Clone Clone user company (especially address)

9. I click on SIDXXX_CUA from the list, and then select Environment > Generate Partner Profiles from the menu.

10. I don't change anything in the next screen, and hit execute

11. It says:

Log for Partner Profile Generation

Distribution model No messages have been defined for the selection conditions in the model

As far as I can tell, nothing happened.

Have you any idea where to go next?

Santosh

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 3, 2010 9:50 PM

Formatting corrected. Please use quote tags.

0 Kudos

It says, SAP recommends. Does that mean anything else won't work? That doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Is your CUA RFC name is same as your logical system. I also faced same error in my landscape, I corrected the Logical system entry in SCC4 and save the child system entry again in CUA SCUA transaction. This worked.

Check and update.

0 Kudos

Yes it is. I discovered this issue in the first hour, and we got it fixed.

Ok one more point.

When I started this process, I had it almost successfully working on one system (except for some text comparison issue), but those guys booted me off and had me go on with a different system. In the new system, I'm having this partner profile issue.

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Have checked in WE20 the entry of CUA system also check technical description in long text of error message.

cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

if the logical system name does not exactly match to the definition within the cua definition, some functions do not work automatically. Functions affected then: SCUA, textcomparison

Of course if you know htat, you can make an alternate configuration with the disadvantage of having to define/maintain your cua manually. If you are not knowing exactly all background it is really strongly recommendable to use the same names throughout the landscape.

So the golden rule is:

logical system name(s) = RFC connection name(s) = landscape definition name(s) (SCUA,bd64,...)

If you follow that rule, scua is able to automatically create the landscape!

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks folks. We finally got it solved. It was a combination of issues but it boiled down to RFC names.

Santosh