cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM/WM Scrapping Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a little issue with the way MvT 551 was configured in our system.

- The IM part works fine, material is scrapped from inventory to a scrap account of the users choice. Accounting is happy.

- In WM the material is moved from the original bin to Storage Type 999 Storage Bin 'Scrap'. Looks fine to me.

- When the warehouse operator tries to clear the bin he uses transaction LI21 and that's where everything falls apart. The transaction returns the material to the bin and into inventory on the IM side rather than clearing the bin to scrap.

I've gone over the config for MvT 551, for Storage Type 999, and the account assignments as well. Any suggestions as to why it would operate like this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Can you explain steps warehouse operator executing in LI21?

Is he getting any message during clearing of difference?

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish, sorry it has taken so long to reply to you.

The LI21 process is relatively simple because all they were doing was entering the Warehouse Number and Storage Type (999). The list of transactions to be cleared were displayed and selected as necessary. Once that happened the system did the transaction and no warning messages were issued because it considered the clearing to have been done correctly.

I did discover that I can do a work around by not using LI21. We don't consider Scrapping as an Inventory Adjustment therefore it shouldn't need to be cleared using LI21. What I did is use LT01 (Create TO) to clear the entry done by MvT 551. While this may not be the standard or 'best' process it does fill the need. When the first material movement transaction was executed it the correct FI accounts were hit. The WM side needed to be balance (cleared) and no further FI involvement was necessary.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Bil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think Bil's process is more relevent, I was also having some problem with Scrapping process in WM as it was creating another FI entriy in LI21. But by using LT01, we can avoid it.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the reply. The offsetting accounts seem to be correct. Others configured in the same pattern work perfectly. Any other ideas?

Bil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi peter,

Please check with the offsetting entry posted in Warehouse management Transactions .

Thanks

Raghavan