Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Hitting some limitations on exporting a CR XI R2 report to a PDF.

Hello.

Using Crystal Reports XI Professional Release 2 SP6 V11.5.12.1838.

I have a stored procedure on an MS SQL 2005 server which requires 3 parameters.

A supplier, POD (Proof Of Delivery) Range Start and POD Range End.

The procedure generates a list of all PODs for that supplier in the required range where we have a scan of the POD.

The report that uses this procedure correctly generates the expected output in Preview Mode.

The report has a subreport. The sub report uses the same procedure and the run time parameters are passed through correctly, so I only ever need to enter 1 set of parameters for the report and the sub-report to work.

The sub-report generates the listings whilst the main report links in the scans, 1 per page, following the list.

The list (the sub-report) is in the main report header.

Basically, the report works.

I can see all pages (currently 795 scans) when I preview the report. The full report contains 12 pages of listings followed by 795 scans - a total of 807 pages.

If I export the report to a PDF file, I get a "Memory full" error.

Looking at Task Manager, I can see that crw32 Mem Usage has peeked at 1,366,692K (1.3GB )and VM Size is at 1,796,204K (1.8GB)

There is a temp file in ~crw{A1A3CBF4-9020-4729-9309-C51323FC9E9A}.tmp which is 18,497,404 in size, but I am unable to copy the file whilst CR is open and it is automatically deleted when the report is closed.

I've just upgraded from SP5. In SP5, I don't get the error, but the report seems to only have around 300 images rather than the full amount.

Rebooting and rerunning the report, and watching using SysInternals Process Explorer, I can see that the report runs in around 50MG of memory, but the exporting to PDF, the memory starts climbing upto 1.5GB and then slows down to 1.7GB and then the report runs out of memory (slightly different values but in the same region as when using Task Manager).

The machine has 4GB of RAM with plenty of pagefile space.

I'm out of things to try.

But am willing to give anything a go.

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question