cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload/Download layout change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for some tips on how to change the layout of excel file used for download/upload. In other words, if I like to redesign the download excel file to be more user friendly, what are the options available?

I understand three methods in BADI BBP_PD_DOWNLOAD can be used to alter the download data. I am looking for more information on these methods.

Thanks,

SG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your concern is only the format of the Excel file, not data, what you could do is to create a macro as an add-in to your Excel application so whenever such file is opened, the macro would be applied automatically and the file displayed in format that you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.. Built custom layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRMUSER123,

As you resolved the issue building a custom layout can You please let us know how to

build a custom layout.

Standard Layout contains Colomns like -Level 0 , Level 1 ( HEADER / ITEM) , Level 2 ( BASIC DATA etc), Document , Item Number , Line category , Field Attributes etc.

I have customised for the BUS2200 in the Table "BBPC_UP_DOWNLOAD" for required fields.

The desired fiedls are coming but as above with columns like Level 0 , Level 1 ( HEADER / ITEM) , Level 2 ( BASIC DATA etc), Document , Item Number , Line category , Field Attributes etc.

Can I have just the Item Data and hedaer data in the download option without all the fields like Level 0 level 1 level 2 coloumns but just the data that is required.Will it have impact while changing and uploading.

Request for a reply.

Rgrds

Me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We ended up building a CSV file layout with Header, Item and Conditions data. Then we used a custom program to read this CSV file and call CREATE and SAVE functions on the Contract.

SG