cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prior to raising this query, i have searched in the web (especially help.sap.com) for information on COntract Processing, but unable to find any good document. Please share if any.

Q1: Bespoke COntract , Evergreen Contracts, Year Price COntracts and Renewal Contracts - Need to know how it is different from the normal contract types like Value / Quantity.

Q2: Billing Plan - Milestone Billing - A reference Billing Plan Number (Field Name - RefBillPlanNo.) is used in standard. From where and How does this number is generated ?

Q3: Billing Plan - Milestone Billing - In IMG setting (OVBJ tcode) - Under "Maintain Date Category to Billing Plan Type" - The field Fixed Date implies what ?

Q4: Billing Plan - Milestone Billing - In IMG setting (OVBM - tcode) - Under " Date Proposal Maintenance for Billing Plan Type" - There is a button named "Maintain Date" - What is the importance of it ?

Q5: Billing Plan - Periodic Billing - IMG Setting (OVBI - tcode) - Under "Maintain billing plan types for periodic billing" - There is already Start Date and End Date available then why there is again fields like Dates from and Dates Untill are available ??

ALso How the field Next bill. date works in OVBI tcode ??

Please help !!!

Regards

Edited by: SAP2020 on Apr 1, 2010 10:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could only answer a few questions.

Q2: Billing Plan - Milestone Billing - A reference Billing Plan Number (Field Name - RefBillPlanNo.) is used in standard. From where and How does this number is generated ?

IMG->SD->Billing->Billing plan->Maintain Date Proposals For Billing Plan Types

Here you could select reference billing plan number, then when creating the contract document, the date proposal will be copied autoly. You could also use "Maintain date" to create new reference billing plan.

Q3: Billing Plan - Milestone Billing - In IMG setting (OVBJ tcode) - Under "Maintain Date Category to Billing Plan Type" - The field Fixed Date implies what ?

Please check the F1 help:

Enter a code which controls whether the billing date in the billing plan is a fixed date or whether it is based on an actual or planned milestone date.

Use

A milestone from an event in the corresponding network is assigned toeach billing date in the billing plan. If you enter a value other than 0 in this field, the planned or actual date from the milestone is adopted as the billing date. Changes made to the planned or actual date are automatically made to the billing date.

If you enter 0 here, the billing date is fixed.

Q4: Billing Plan - Milestone Billing - In IMG setting (OVBM - tcode) - Under " Date Proposal Maintenance for Billing Plan Type" - There is a button named "Maintain Date" - What is the importance of it ?

It is used to maintain the date in refrence billing plan and save it to a new reference billing plan number.

Q5: Billing Plan - Periodic Billing - IMG Setting (OVBI - tcode) - Under "Maintain billing plan types for periodic billing" - There is already Start Date and End Date available then why there is again fields like Dates from and Dates Untill are available ??

There could be following scenario that you have service contract with the customer from 2010.03 to 2011.03 for specific price, however, you only want to create the billing plan lines from 2010.03 to 2010.09 first because of the request from customer that they would like to try the service for half a year first.

Then the Start Date is 2010.03. The End date is 2011.03.

The Dates from is 2010.03. The Dates Until is 2010.09. You could change the Dates Until in the sales order if customer would like to continue the use of service after 2010.09.

The contract itself is still valid.

ALso How the field Next bill. date works in OVBI tcode ??

The Next bill.date determines the date for next billing line.

For example. you deliver the service everyday but customer would like to pay it once month with specific value. Then the next bill.date could determine on which date you would like to bill to customer. For instance, you could set it as next month end date.

Then if the Date from is 01.03.2010, then the billing plan dates in the contract is as following.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Smile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smile,

Thanks a lot for your response......

My major concern is my first question.

Q1: Bespoke COntract , Evergreen Contracts, Year Price COntracts and Renewal Contracts - Need to know how it is different from the normal contract types like Value / Quantity.

If any document available pls do sahre...

Regards

SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry but I have no idea regarding the difference of those contract.

I only know that periodic billing plan is used normally in service contract.

Thanks and best regards,

Smile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smile,

Thanks again...

The below question has already been raised under ERP - Sales (General) forum but not no replies till now...

Can you please guide me on the same:

The Q is:

How do we create Debit Billing Plan Line in Contract ?

Where do we do the assignemnt of Header Billing Plan and Item Billing Plan ?

Regards

Edited by: SAP2020 on Apr 6, 2010 6:19 PM

SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could change the blling document type for the billing plan line in contract.

The header billing plan will be copied to item if you don't do any change.

If you want to have different billing plan on item level, please check the indicator "Header billing plan" off on item billing plan tab.

The indicator could only be set before first billing.

Thanks and best regards,

Smile