cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms - subform properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Adobeforms. Please give me detailed explanation as such when to set which of the below mentioned properties:

1) For Subform - when to set below properties:

Content: Flowed/Positioned

Allow Page breaks within content

Repeat subform for each data item: Min Count, Max Count

Default Binding: None/Normal/ Bind to Context

2) For Table - when to set below properties:

Allow Page breaks within content

Repeat table for each data item

Default Binding: None/Normal/ Bind to Context

When I have subform within a subform, how to set above properties for each of these subforms.

When I do R&D changing each of these properties I am getting output only in few cases and in other cases I am getting abnormal results. Please give me clear picture as such at what level of subform I should set which of these properties to get desired output.

Regards

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Content: Flowed/Positioned -

-

>>> if you don´t want to manually rearange the subform fields, use flowed, LCD will arrange the fields for you (from left to right or top to bottom), you MUST use this (flowed) for a table subform (so it is clear where the new lines are to be placed if needed)

Allow Page breaks within content -

-

>>> if you have a table (false = table subform with some row subforms within, you don´t want to span the table into two pages (when it is not that big and can be placed on ä single one only), you want to move the whole table on the second page where there is enough space for the whole table, true = you want to have few first rows on the first page and the rest on the second one)

Repeat subform for each data item: Min Count, Max Count -

-

>>> you need min count = 1 to make the instance manager work (to be able to add rows)

Default Binding: None/Normal/ Bind to Context -

-

>>> none if you´re not exchanging any values with the backend., normal = don´t use this one, bind to context = to get the value from backend into form and back

2) For Table - when to set below properties: = do not use tables (i mean tables like in MS Word, you should create tables from subforms

Regards Otto

p.s.: Note there is Adobe forms forum under NetWeaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your reply.

In fact most of the questions I have asked are self explanatory. But how to use the combination of these properties?

Ex. I have 1 header table and 1 data table both linked by partcular fields. Now I have to display few fields of header followed by item details related to the header record. If hierarchy goes like this:

main subform

Subform1

subform2 - header main fields

subform3 - header other fields

Subform1 end

Subform4

item table

Subform4 end

main subform end

Please let me know how the above properties need to be set for this scenario?

Regards

Vasu

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW: Do you know you can drag and drop the context from the data view tab onto your form layout? All the field and their properties will be generated by LCD for you. You can get a working example this way and next only finetune the details.

All subforms content = flowed

Header sub, Row sub = direction: western text (left to right)

Other subs = direction: top to bottom

All repeated subforms = repeat for each data item, min count = 1

Mainatin the binding, I hope you can do that

That should be all.

Regards Otto

p.s.: if there is any problem you cannot describe here, we can discuss this in private, send me the eml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply......

Ya it's very difficult even for me to explain each such scenario. Will try to do R&D on this and will mail you in case I have doubts.

Regards

Vasu

Answers (0)