Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit SAP Application Hierarchy

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

I've tried to add new component in SAP Standart Hierarchy via SE81. But it was unsuccessefuly. I created Package and assign to standart component of hierarchy, but when I try to create message (via Help-> Create message) I don't see my Package. Then I've tried to add record (just record, like existing records) in tree - unsuccessful.

I surfed all the Internet and sapnet and haven't found any information how to do it, only unanswered topics...

Please help me out.

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem

Unfortunately, it is not possible to enhance the component hierarchy in the SAP Solution Manager with Non-SAP components. This would by a modification that might be overwritten with updates from SAP.

If however you really want to include own components this can be done with BAdI DNO_COMPONENTS / method DEFINE_F4. As described in the note 583443 a customer specific F4 help for the components can be implemented.

This only works for the Solutionmanager system. It's not possible to extend the component structure in the satellite systems.

It is not advisable to extend the component catalog for multiple reasons.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

It is not possible to modify that but you can raise OSS so that SAP can do that for you

Hope prb is solved

Regards

Prakhar