SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing InfoObjects in Business Content for Higher Education & Research

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

According to the SAP documentation "[Guideline u2013 BW Content 3.53 and 7.03 for Student Lifecycle Management|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a0780530-bf03-2b10-d5ad-e9e8a53def23]" there should be an InfoObject 0HE_EVPRST_TEXT. Unfortunately, I can't find it in the Business Content of my SAP BW.

Furthermore,...

- InfoObject 0HE_EVENT_ATTR has a different structure in the business content than mentioned in the documentation

...and...

- I can't find the DataSource 0HE_SLC_PI_1 in the business content although it's mentioned in the documentation.

I've already posted in but nobody could help me there.

The BW version is SAPKW70022 and BI Content version is SAPK-70405INBICONT.

Can someone help me in this forum section? Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

For your 0HE_EVENT_ATTR question:

Please take a look at SAP note:

- 1296185 --> https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1ubCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1296185

- 1396684 --> https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1ubCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1396684

For your 0HE_SLC_PI_1 question:

Did you apply Ehp4 in your SAP SLcM system? If not then the Performance Indices extractors are not yet available in your system.

For your 0HE_EVPRST and TEXT question (related Processing Status for Academic Events Planning):

Did you apply Ehp3 in your SAP SLcM system? If not then the Processing Status for Academic Events Planning are not yet available in your system.

I hope this helps.

br,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

You're right. We have neither Ehp3 nor Ehp4 installed on our test system. We will do so.

Another question: Trying to extract data from 0IS_HER_SLC (e.g. from datasource 0HE_SLC_REG_1) doesn't work. The BW-server contacts the source system but doesn't get a reply. No data comes back. Running the extractor checker (rsa3) in the source system on the same datasource works fine. Looking at the iDocs with bd87 shows the message "IDoc sent to SAP system or external program" and the status of an example iDoc is green. Do you have an idea what problem that could be? Could it be an access right problem for the user BWREMOTE?

Regards

Patrick

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Patrick,

Please take a look at the notes below, the might help you with the 0IS_HER_SLC (e.g. from datasource 0HE_SLC_REG_1) issue.

br,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Thank's for you help. Concerning note 894900: The table T7PIQSWITCH doesn't exist in my system... strange, isn't it?

Anyway, I think that the problem (no data while trying to extract data) must be somewhere else...

Regards

Patrick

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Try SM30: V_T7PIQSWITCHVAL. It should be in your system. It is one of the key tables of SLcM.

For your BW issue: I suggest you dig into the available OSS notes on our portal (or maybe someone else on this forum can help out). When you do not find anything I suggest you create a new OSS note.

br,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob

I've changed V_T7PIQSWITCHVAL now.

Unfortunately, I cannot extract data on the BW for some of the datasources (e.g. 0HE_SLC_REG_1). They don't work (monitor status always yellow) or are very slow. I've applied the support packages according to the OSS.

On the source system, the same datasources work very fast (according to TCode rsa3)...

Do you have an idea what could be wrong?

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Some checks below that you will have to perform in BW/SLcM. Plus I checked again some notes, they which are related to the 0HE_SLC_REG_1 datasource.

- Is the 0HE_SLC_REG_1 assigned to the InfoSource 0HE_SLC_REG_1?

- Are the fields mapped and created in an InfoPackage (as a basis to load the data)?

- How many actual registrations do you have in your system? (for example you could check CS-object, hrp1771 via se16n)

Possible notes that coud solve the performance issues:

- 1360632 (Extracts taking an excessive amount of time)

- 1367662 (BI Extracts taking excessive time after EHP4 upgrade)

- 894900 (already applied? - New switch in T7PIQSWITCH for BW (default session value)

Hope this helps!

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Thank you for your help!

- Is the 0HE_SLC_REG_1 assigned to the InfoSource 0HE_SLC_REG_1?

--> Yes

- Are the fields mapped and created in an InfoPackage (as a basis to load the data)?

--> Yes

- How many actual registrations do you have in your system? (for example you could check CS-object, hrp1771 via se16n)

--> 1,286,444 (not that much...)

- 1360632 (Extracts taking an excessive amount of time)

--> Not of interest, as our R/3 is on release 600

- 1367662 (BI Extracts taking excessive time after EHP4 upgrade)

--> Not of interest, as our R/3 is on release 600

- 894900 (already applied? - New switch in T7PIQSWITCH for BW (default session value)

--> Yes, value set to 99

In the meantime I had some success, obviously after setting the number of max. connections in SMSQ to 13 (instead of 2). The transfer is now significantly faster. A bottleneck is 0HE_SLC_PCP_1. That extractor is already slow on the R/3. Do you have the same issue?

Regards

Patrick

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Could you check apply/note 1275119. This note will solve an issue (no graduation data found, guid is empty) with datasource 0HE_SLC_PCP_1. Due to the fact that no graduation data can be found the extractor is very slow/or even will time out.

Then try again.

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob

I've already seen that note, but the problem is that the IS-PS-CA of the R/3 is on release 600. Note 1275119 can obviously only be applied for IS-PS-CA with release 603 or higher. Or can I apply these two patches manually for release 600 anyway? Shall I try it?

Regards

Patrick

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would give it a try on a test system (assuming you also have test-BW system connected?)

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

I've found that we have the same dump error on executing 0HE_SLC_PCP_1 as described in note 1459868 (SAPSQL_INVALID_FIELDNAME) although we have release 600 of IS-PS-CA.

We'll apply the patch manually as it is described in the note for the releases 603 and 604 and will check if the problem persists or not. I'll come back later. Hope it helps!