cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signatures for cProjects Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am on cProjects 4.5 and from what I understand there are 2 options for this based on whether or not I check the "Signature of Approval with User Certificate" box in Project Type config.

Unchecked - user is prompted for cProjects password and this works fine. Only issue for us is, we are on the portal and most likely cProjects password will be different and unknown to user. As per note 928527 this is standard behavior and tough luck for anybody on the portal.

Checked - use is given the ability to digitally sign the PDF approval document. When I select "sign" on the PDF I am given the ability to create a new ID or use an existing ID from a file, server etc. I created a new ID and signed the document. Once I do this and click the transfer button the system appears to hang. The progress indicator appears and keeps going.

Therefore my questions are:

1. Is there any additional config I need to do in cProjects. ADS or anywhere else?

2. How exactly does adobe digital signatures work? If anybody simply create a signature how does that provide any verification of authenticity?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see teh Configuration Content for cProjects 4.5 available in SAP Solution Manager and also as PDF attachment to SAP Note 1035436.

There it says:

-

-

Making Settings for the Approval

Use

You can use user certificates for digital signatures of approvals.

Prerequisites

● You are using Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.

● You have a user certificate that is suitable for digital signatures (for example, the single

sign-on certificate).

● You have installed Adobe® Reader and Adobe Document Services.

Procedure

To verify the signature, enter the corresponding root certificate in the certificate list of the

Personal Security Environment (PSE, transaction STRUST). For more information, see the

documentation for the activity and the Adobe Document Services u2013 Configuration Guide NW

2004s on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/adobe u2192 Media Library u2192

Documentation.

-

-

In fact, what is described in the ADS documentation referenced above is that you have to install

the certificate also on the ADS.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Florian. I went through the documentation. Does this mean that for each person that needs to approve a phase, their digital signature certificate needs to be registered using STRUST? If so how is this digital signature file created? Using Adobe Reader or some other mechanism? I conceptually understand how digital signatures work, but do not really know how it can technically be implemented.