cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow activity item hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have several workflows in our installation. We have one that I am currently fixing right now that should update the billing relevant flag on a disconnection object. Currently this activity is calling a task that uses a method in a BOR object. That method for some reason is using a BDC. I just replaced that BDC to call a function module that then calls SAP delivered function modules (ISU_DB_EDCN_SELECT and ISU_DB_EDCN_UPDATE) to update the billing relevant flag. Running the function module alone is fine. It updates the billing relevant flag as expected. But when I run the workflow, this particular activity item hangs.

I did not change anything in the workflow but just the call in the BOR method from BDC to my new function module. Nevertheless, I double-checked the task setup in SWDD and checked the bindings and setup of the tasks, etc. I checked if there are any locks or wait events but did not see anything while the workflow hangs. What could I be missing? What else can I check?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi;

Please check whether it creates the work item or not. You may check it by t/code SWIA/SWI1.

If is not being created then mostly there is some data problem that should be available while calling the further task.

Regards

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

it created the work item as I can see it in the workflow log but it stopped at 'execution started automatically'. Here is what I see in the technical display from EDATEXMON01:

85514247 809 Set Disc. Document Billing Relevant Flag

Workflow Batch ID Background work item created 2010/03/30 09:58:20

Workflow Batch ID Execution started automatically 2010/03/30 09:58:20

Normally, it should show 2 more lines like this:

Workflow Batch ID Work Item Processing Complete

Workflow Batch ID Result Processing

But for this case, it hangs at 'Execution started automatically' step.

I appreciate any other advise you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check for any dumps in the system. You can see it in the T-code ST22.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish Bisht

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

As you mentioned at 'execution started automatically', so i would suggest that open the another session and do the manual execution of the work flow and do comparison with standard container data. As It seems some that some conditions/flag is getting failed here.

If possible please let me know the BOR & workflow name which are being used by you.

Regards

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

You nailed it. I knew I was missing something simple. I forgot to chek the short dumps so many thanks for this reminder. So its type conflict in my call to the function module. I must need more coffee.

Answers (0)