cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sourcing and CLM architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on the opportunity of implementing E-sourcing 5.1 and CLM 2.0, integrated with ECC 6.0 and SRM 7.0. And it raises some questions:

- is possible to install E-sourcing and CLM on the same server, for example a SAP WAS ?

- what is the user interface for these products : is it part of the application server, and reachable by an url ?

- Can e-sourcing be integrated with a SAP Portal?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phillippe

- is possible to install E-sourcing and CLM on the same server, for example a SAP WAS ?

Ans: yes, but you have to use windows server 2003

- what is the user interface for these products : is it part of the application server, and reachable by an url ?

Ans: its is only reachable by a URL deployed on NW

- Can e-sourcing be integrated with a SAP Portal?

Ans: Its has to be deployed on SAP Portal only

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anskush,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Indeed, I have checked and we can only use a windows server 2003, 32-bits ...

I still have questions about the web architecture for accessing E-sourcing.

From my understanding, a classical architecture for a web application is :

external user->browser->web dispatcher->web server->application(e-sourcing)

- In our case, do we have to use a SAP Portal as a web server, pointing on e-sourcing server ?

- if the user is an internal user, do we still have to implement a Web server or not (considering that E-sourcing is installed on a SAP Java stack) ?

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipee,

Java Stack is enough for E-Sourcing server.

You have to use portal URL as E-Sourcing is deployed as a service on SAP Portal

Portal link e.g.: http://abcd.com:50000/irj

then ur ESO link would be http://abcd.com:50000/sourcing/.

Here "sourcing" is context...Also this link can be accessed via internet also.

~Ankush

Edited by: Ankush Mittal on Apr 1, 2010 10:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans: yes, but you have to use windows server 2003

CLM = Contract Generator?

I know contract Generator must be installed on Windows 2003 32 bits. Contract Management is part of E-Sourcing which can be setup on different platforms, so can somebody clarify does CLM = Contract Generator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush Mittal

I have implemented an e-sourcing 5.1 / CM 2.0 in windows servers 2003 with java stack, im working in the network security design for this e-sourcing, I need that external users can access to e-sourcing in a secure way so i am planing to put a Web dispatcher in the DMZ. My question is:

Can I connect the web dispatcher (in DMZ) directly to the e-sourcing or I need other intermediate element ?

If this is possible where can find the steps necesaries to do this conection (WD to ESO)?

Regards

Genaro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

CLM is a module of E-Sourcing. So in effect, you are always installing E-Sourcing. In order to enable the Contract Generation functionality, you must install the Word Service on a separate windows machine. CLM will then consume the service to generate contracts.

The application interface is accessed via Internet Explorer. Hence the application is deployed with a Web Application Server such as WebSphere JBoss or the prefered NetWeaver.

I have seen it deployed via SAP portal as well to enable SSO on both sell and buy side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I have config ,implimentation process

training ,and config related information or links.