cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI 7.0 to SAP PI to FTP and with Open Hub Destination ...Help!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Experts,

I am currently working on scenario where I have a requirement to push data from SAP BI 7.0 to SAP PI 7.

And I am using Client proxy for SAP BI to send the data from BI tables to SAP PI and then to write to FTP address.

Now the challenge I am facing is the ABAP Proxy how to use it with Process Chain and also I am having Open hub destination created for the same.(Specifically with the new version i.e. 7.0)

Can you atleast make me understand what are the steps involved in this for Client Proxy, Process Chaing, How will proxy trigger and other regarding the same.

I have searched SDN but got the document having older versions in it. Which doesn't serve the purpose.

Regards,

[Gaurav Patwari|http://gauravpatwari.wordpress.com]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Got the solution and successfully implemented.

Well what I did is:

1. Process chain framework is there where in some of the interface needs to be implemented to have our custom ABAP process type within a process chain.

2. I used the load DSO in the process chain to load data from Data sources where I was available with OHD which unlike to infospoke.

All set and is running fine.

Regards,

Gaurav Patwari

www.gauravpatwari.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We have same requirement. Could you please share How you achived this?

Regards,

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is very little details you mentioned here like for example for open hub dest:

there are many ways to put the data from open hub - you can use DB table but you can also

use a file - so if you have destination type - file

then you will just get a file - and you know how to process files with PI right ?

so first you need to find out some more details about the technology

(unless you will be creating the open hub destinations...)

and then we can help you even more

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your reply.

Details:

1. I am using Open Hub Destination using table and not File., We wanna use table.

2. And Open hub destination is already created.

3. I have generated the ABAP Client proxy using SPROXY, and activated.

Now the challenge for me here is that I wanna know how the OHD and Process Chain is used in combination as well as proxy to finish the part of BI Side and all....

Regards,

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I am using Open Hub Destination using table and not File., We wanna use table.

can't you just run a scheduled report that will fetch the data from the table and send it via proxy ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply buddy.

I know that we can run the scheduled report for the proxy to fetch the report. But the client requirement is to use process chain, Open hub destination which fetches data from the ODS to Ztable created.

We need to fetch that data from the table via our proxy. I am familiar with that report related method.

I have one document using the same method but is using Infospoke(which is now obsolete) so have to OHD and also some of the proxy of XI's older version. So is not helping me out.

Please do the needful. Or can you send me some sample scenario like this with screen shots. It will be a great help.

Regards,