cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear experts,

i want to enter the quantity in the sales order by the basic UOM and the system convert it to another UMO (SU)

how can i do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

UoM in VA01 can be manually change depending on your liking but limited to the UoM maintained in material master, However, if you manually enter EA in your sales order, it will not be converted to CAR automatically. It will stay EA as it is.

The only conversion that will happen is in the price condition. If and only if the order UoM is not equivalent to the UoM of PR00 (cond type price of the material). For your question if you have 25 EA, the price might have decimal points in it.

Say you have maintained CAR as UoM of PR00 in VK11, while your SO have order UoM of EA.

You can ask ABAP to do the changes in the user exits for the conversion but this will entail customization, other than that changes can also be automatic only for reporting purposes like order confirmation where you can define in the layout that UoM should be converted specific to your liking.

Thanks, hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to MT's and Ria's suggessions, also try this

In the material Master , in Sales org 1 Screen Maintain Min Ord Qty 30 EA / Min Delivery Qty 30 EA / Delivery Unit 1 CAR.

So system will issue error when the order qty is less than the CAR . Also you can assign the freight conditions based on condition record maintained per EA or CAR.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

the freight condition either per gross weight or volume not per UOM

i want the system to get the gross weight of the CAR unir not EA

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to My Business i have to convert the KG to PC

here 1 PC = XXXX Gross Weight *Cut Lenght

For Example 1PC = 2.25 Kg * 6

in This case 1 PC = 7.5 Kg

i am using the Variants Configuration Because its a Manufacturing Industries

so if the Customer Select the KG or PC

For example IF we select the KG and he entered in KG system automatically Picks PC

otherwise if he select the PC and if entered the PC system automatically takes Kgs

so what the Settings is required for that and also can u please give me any guidance to for that Program

And also it should to Convert to entire Cycle means Quotation to Invoice

Beacuse its Make to Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry my question was not clear

my problem is as follow

i have a basic UOM - > EA each for example

and an alternative UOM - > CAR cartoon ( 1CAR = 30 EA)

i want to enter the quantity in the sales order by EA and the system convert it to CAR

is it possible ?

and what the system will do if i entered for example 25 EA -> is there a rounding or what will happen ??

Edited by: Ahmed Saber Abdel-Haleem on Mar 30, 2010 4:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thats why the UOM functionality is in material master.

I am not sure whether the UoM can change in sales order but If you accept mine and Ria's suggestion then system will give you the pricing as per your requirement.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks M T

but i do not need it in pricing unit , i need the UOM by CAR because according to the volume of CAR i will calculate the freight condition in pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

The condition type that MT has defined is the condition type that sets the price for your material. example is cond type PR00.

After the changes made in MM02 (material unit of measure conversion), you might need to define that the condition type will accept price for the conversion.

say if if you have maintained 1 BOX = 10 PCS in MM02 and in VK13 the price is 1 BOX = 10 USD (1 USD per 1 pc)

during sales order creation, you have ordered only 5 pcs so the price will reflect 5 USD.

Thanks, hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

You have to follow some steps for achieveing this.

Go to MM02 --> open basic data page --> Maintain the Base unit price --> In the tab "UoM" --> add additional unit of measure

Like 10 EA = 1 PC.

After that go to V/06 --> select your condition type --> click at details --> in the calculation type --> Maintain " C - Quantity" --> in the control data of same screen --> check the box "quantity conversion"

Now create the condition record for the same condition type

Now you can create the order.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

which condition type do you mean .... or i will create a new condition type ??

if it is new .... please tell me details