cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between various source files in mdm import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the differences between the source files(access,xml,xml schema,excel) available in mdm import manager?

Thanks and regards,

Rithesh

Edited by: rithesh_shet on Mar 30, 2010 1:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rithesh,

The MDM Import Manager allows you to import data into an MDM repository in different source formats I mean source files as (access,xml,xml schema,excel etc) like SAP ECC system recognizes data in the form of Proxy, IDOC etc In the same manner you can import data into MDM using any of these formats because MDM recognizes data in these formats only not IDOC, Proxy etc.

Data can be imported to the same repository from multiple sources (access,xml,xml schema,excel etc) so that as per convenient way of importing data, you can select the best format that suits you as per your project requirement.

I feel among these many different formats, XML Schema is the best way to import data in MDM as it validates the XML schema with source XML file. I think you can get all of your answers after reading MDM Import Manager reference Guide.

Please refer this given below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

MDM Import Manager provides flexibility to Import Data from different types of Sources into MDM.

You can import data into MDM from below mentioned sources using Import Manager:

1. From Files (Access, Delimited Text, Excel, Fixed Text, XML and XML Schema)

2. Directly from Data base source (SQL server and oracle)

As mentioned by Mandeep, XML Schema is something which you define in MDM console in advance. and then later select the Data source XML file and XML schema from drop down list (it will show all schema defined in console ) to validate XML source file against the XML schema.

For automated Import, Ports are used. Ports are nothing but a logical point of contact with other systems i.e. other systems or middleware will drop file on the port for authomatic import and MDM import server will scan the port directory and if file is present then will import data automatically from file into MDM using a predefine Import Map. (this map needs to be defined manually in import manager and then assigned to port using console).

Please check page no 45 of import manager reference guide for more details about various source properties of Import Manager. (*link for import manager reference guide is already provided on the earlier post)

Also check, page no 53 to 64 for how to import process. Kindly revert if you have any query.

Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM Import Manager is interface for mass data loading.

Import Manager can understand, Access, text(Fixed and Delimited), Excel,Oracle, SQL server and XML files

Thank you Bala