Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Intimation after new issue raised

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Solution Managed Help Desk.

All the business issues are coming through help desk to us.

Now i want automatic intimation or pop up if any users raised a new issue in solution manager.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Aasmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to know what Transaction type you are using

default is SLFN

and in the action profile of SLFN you need to schedule an action for e - mail triggering.

check this blog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Hope it ans ur query

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aasmi,

Please review the following note which will guide you on setting up notification emails when a service desk message status has been changed.

691303 - Sending E-Mail from message after status change

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

The Sap Note 691303 which u had suggested i had gone through it but in that note only setting for e-mailing after message status changed has been shown.

actually i want to get email to message processor when new issue comes under his name.

Please guide .

Regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We did all the settings as per the SAP Note & link that u had provided.

We tested by maintaining one user id also we are able to receive the mail once status of the message is changed. but now i want the mail should go to particular user i.e. if the consultant has changed the status to customer action then mail should go to users mail id & if user has given some changes to issue & change the status to in process then mail should come to consultant.

But my question is; from where should it pick up the mail id to send the mail.

Is their any setting so that it will pick up the mail id from SU01 'Address' tab if we maintain?

Pl . help.

Regards,

Aasmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"but now i want the mail should go to particular user i.e. if the consultant has changed the status to customer action then mail should go to users mail id & if user has given some changes to issue & change the status to in process then mail should come to consultant."

For the above requirement you can define action definitions in your action profile for consultant and customer.

Please follow this path if you havent created any action definitions earlier

You do this in the path

spro-> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration-> Scenario Specific Settings-> Service desk-> Define Action Profile ->_Define Action Profiles and Actions._

Choose your corresponding action profile and create new action definitions for Consultant and customer

On completing this goto Define Action Profile -> Define conditions.

here chose the newly created action definiton for customer and apply the condtions in 'Schedule Condition' like

if user status is xxxxxxxxx(customer action) .

And schedule a condition for action definition of consultant and apply the condtions in 'Schedule Condition' like

if user status is xxxxxxxxx(In process) .

For the mail content make the necessary changes in the smart form assigned in the action definitions.

This may help you for the requirement 1.

"But my question is; from where should it pick up the mail id to send the mail..

Is their any setting so that it will pick up the mail id from SU01 'Address' tab if we maintain?"

Yes for the system to send a mail from the log-in user to any one, the log-in user e-mail has to be updated in 'E-Mail' option of SU01.

And to receive a mail the e-mail has to be updated in the e-mail of the Business partner . You use the T-Code BP

The system picks the e-mail address from the e-mail field of the business partner while sending a mail.

Hope this solves your requirement 2.

regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 26, 2010 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We did all the settings & its working too.

Now mail is going to user as well as consultant as we required.

One small issue is still persist. Below i am explaining the issue:

1) If user "A" raised issue to Consultant "B" then

2) when Consultant changing status to customer Action from In Process/New then mail is going to User as Sender: B to Recipient: A which is correct.

2) But when user is changing the status of message from Customer Action to In Process; then Status change mail is coming to Consultants inbox but Sender:B & Recipient : B i.e. mail is coming to consultant inbox which is too correct but sender is consultant name which is wrong.it should be user name i.e. should be Sender :A recipient : B.

Pl. help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But when user is changing the status of message from Customer Action to In Process; then Status change mail is coming to Consultants inbox but Sender:B & Recipient : B i.e. mail is coming to consultant inbox which is too correct

but sender is consultant name which is wrong.it should be user name i.e. should be Sender :A recipient : B.

Please check the below:

1. Have you assigned the same smartform for both the action definitions consultant and user? It would suggest to have separate smartforms for these 2 action definitions. This will avoid disturbing the other scenario.

2. If you have already assigned seperate smartforms to the action definitions then it the issue of the ABAP coding. Take the technical person help and ask him to extract the user details as sender and make the necessary corrections in the smartform.

Check this FM : BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_GETDETAIL

Check if this resolves your issue.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is still persist.

Plz help