Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why we create a sales organisation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have one question

Why we create Sales Organisation?What is the requairement of sales organisation?Why we assing sales organisation with a company code?

If any one give me the ans.

Thanks and regards

babi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Legally, a sales organization is included in exactly one company code.

You can assign one or more plants to one sales organization.

A sales organization is the highest summation level (after the organizational unit Client) for sales statistics with their own statistics currency.

Hope this helps

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales organisation is the highest level of organisation with in the sales dept.All the sales related issues like customers agreements is going to takes place at the sales organisation.

And for the every business transactions that we do with the customers all the financial postings will be done and these needs to be updated to the company code.

Because in the company code all the financial related like P&L A/c,Balance sheets are going to be prepared.

Due to this purpose the sales organisation needs to be updated to company code......

Pls rectify me if i am wrong........

And if you are satisfied pls give me the points................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales Org is an organisational unit which is responsible for ur sales.

It is also usefull for various reporting purpose. Hence if u have SD implemented u need to have an Sales Org which in term is assigend to your Company code.

Regards

Abhijeet

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to create a sales organisation if you do have SD implemented in your landscape.

If you do, then it is mandatory as it is the organisation structure responsible for sales (revenues among other things) and assignement to company code is to calculate profit and loss.

if you sell something, you need to have a store or multiple stores (sales organisations), and if you want to know if you are doing good business you need cashier system to calculate your income and your expenses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales organisation is responsible for selling goods and services to the customer.

Sales organisation is legal entity responsible for selling goods and services within the sales department, it is used to get the report within the sales department

The use of assigning the sales organisation to the company code is to calculate the Profit and loss and Balance sheets for the whole company.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming you havent search in the net.

the below link gives you better info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d3/4b4f85843b11d29c5c0000e8a51c6e/content.htm

Regards