cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST02 -Tune summary----Swaps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In ST02 Tune summary i am getting more swaps.As per my knowledge we can restart the sytem and increase the corresponding buffer parameter.I already restarted the system but after 2 dys agin i facing the problem with Swaps .

Can any body help me in this issue.Pls suggest any links why the swaps are appers......

i am mentioning the details of ST02 in our Production system.

Table definition 1,093,239

Field definition 753,873

Initial records 823,693

program 2,119,857

CUA 3,049,260

Screen 101,982

Export/impor 9,760,830

Regards,

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

High Program buffer swaps can cause you performance problem. Buffer and memory tuning is iterative process. You can try to increase buffer parameters by 20-50 % and then again check the system for 2-3 days. But you also have to keep in mind your total RAM available.

Regards

Anindya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your buffer hit ratio and if the buffer hit ratio is 99.6 or more, then your buffer area is set gud otherwise increase the size as said above.

Huge no of swaps is not a gud sign and can lead to poor performance.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If the figures you listed in your original post were the number of swaps after just 2 days, then that is truly enormous. Can you please post your parameter settings?

Just to make sure - you did not run a mass generation (SGEN) during those two days, did you?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incidentally what are your parameter values for these....?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Table definition 1,093,239

> program 2,119,857

These 2 above in R3/ECC(OLTP) system you should give enough buffer from performance perspective, especially for program, usually no less than 1GB in production environment of 64bit if main memory's sufficient.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

A couple swaps a day are OK. SAP says anything below 10,000/ day is acceptable. However, I know some people like to have no swaps at all.

Unfortunatly there are no set numbers to put for these parameters. It really depends on your system and environment such as how much memory do you have, programs running on your system, what the users are running, and so on.

This really becomes an art more then a science. My suggestion is to start incresing the paramteres by 10%. If it doesn't seem to be making that much of a difference increase by 20 or 30% if your system can handle it. Keep this up until you are comftorable with the number of swaps you see.

Hope this helps.