SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching standalone contracts to the exchange header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation wherein I have created many stand alone sales contracts in the SAP IS OIL server. I have also created several exchange headers nowI want to link these contracts to the header. However while linking , I am am getting several error messages while attaching it.

Can anybody give me list of points that needs to be considered while attaching the stand alone contracts to exchange header.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Certain points that I could think of are,

o System can copy only those sales contracts whose Sold-To party is same as that of customer used while setting up the exchange partner. E.g. for the exchange partner 60113, customer 4327290 has been linked , so we can associate only the sales contracts whose Sold-To Party is 4327290

o It is important to check the document types of both the contract as well as header. These should be allowed in the configuration of exchange header

oWe can associate contract to header only and only when there is NO follow on or release documents are not posted for that contract. Meaning even if the single sales order is released for the contract, we will not be able to associate the contract

oWe can NOT remove the assignment using the red MINUS button if the release documents are posted for contract after it has been associated

Hope this will be helpful to you.

thanks,

Ritesh

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Certain points that I could think of are,

o System can copy only those sales contracts whose Sold-To party is same as that of customer used while setting up the exchange partner. E.g. for the exchange partner 60113, customer 4327290 has been linked , so we can associate only the sales contracts whose Sold-To Party is 4327290

o It is important to check the document types of both the contract as well as header. These should be allowed in the configuration of exchange header

oWe can associate contract to header only and only when there is NO follow on or release documents are not posted for that contract. Meaning even if the single sales order is released for the contract, we will not be able to associate the contract

oWe can NOT remove the assignment using the red MINUS button if the release documents are posted for contract after it has been associated

Hope this will be helpful to you.

thanks,

Ritesh