SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to do Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was performing the following steps when i encounter the error:

Step 1: EA00 tcode

Step2: When trying to bill the error is 'This G/L account is blocked against posting or is a reconciliation account and cannot be posted to directly'.

Soumen

8 REPLIES 8

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Check all the subtransactions you are using in Rates.

Goto EK02, Enter your chart of accounts, here you can check the G/L accounts to which your subtransactions(in the schema rates) are posting the values for the company code and main txn.

Now goto FS00, enter your G/L account. Check in the Control Data tab if field 'Recon. account for account type', it must be blank.

If there is any value updated in this field, it means it is a recon. account and you can not directly post to it.

Also, chek if there are any blocks are on the G/L account. You can do this by chicking the 'LOCK' indicator on the screen. There must be no checkbox marked. If a checkbox is marked against 'blocked for posting'.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks for your reply.

(1) I have checked FS00 and in the control data tab the field 'Recon. account for account type' is not blank.

It is having a value 'contract account receivable'.

(2) Lock option is ok.

(3) EK02 also seem to be ok.

How to remove error in 1 mentioned above?

Soumen Das

0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Entry in 'Recon. account for account type' shows the G/L is meant for reconciliation and not for direct posting.

This field must be empty for posting the amounts directly to this account.

Check that, Is there any amount been posted to this G/L.

If not please make the field empty, or create other G/L account and enter it in EK02.

Regards,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks for your reply.

When i empty the field 'Recon. account for account type' the Billing simulation goes well.

But when we try to do invoicing it gives error.

The GL account is used for intercompany amount posting and there are amount posted to it.

This case also has to be posted in this GL account.

Any suggestion how to go ahead

Soumen Das

0 Kudos

If Your GL account has already been posted then you cannot change the status of Recon Account.Its better that you use a fresh GL Account.

Thanks,

Banasri Mitra

0 Kudos

Hi Banasri,

Thanks for the reply.

If the client wants that for this particular customer the amount has to be posted to the current GL account then can we find some way out. We want the Business Partner's data to be posted to the present GL account only. In that case could you please suggest a solution.

Soumen

0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Did u get a solution for this? I am getting the same error while posting a document.

0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Once you generate a billing and invoicing document the entry will get posted is Dr Accounts receivable and Cr Revenue account, your accounts receivables account GL ( reconciliation GL) will be define in transaction code EK01 and in EK02 revenue GL account( not a reconciliaition GL) will be given. In your scenario they have given the reconciliaiton account and if there are no postings to that GL then you would have able to change the status now that there are some GL postings already there I don't think its possible to change the status , the only option available is create a new GL and assign it.

VR