cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Reading Header Text for Billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to read the header text from VF02 transaction and print in script.

I know READ_tEXT FM will help for that.

But my problem is how to get Id, Name, OBJECT from that transaction to print program or routine.

I have written one routine but I am not able to get ID, OBJECT , NAME from that transaction.

please provide solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont need FM READ_TEXT for printing texts on a form, no matter if talking about sap-script, smartforms, or whatever.

All you need is the INCLUDE statement in SAP_Script or an INCLUDE text node in smartforms.

you might want to search SDN for this or just use the SAP documentation.

/edit typos corrected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read following,

In order to process text modules in application programs, all information about a text module must be transferred to internal work areas.

A text is read from the text file or text memory with this function module. It must be described fully by specifying OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE. Generic entries in these parameters are not valid.

When header information and text lines have been read successfully, they are transferred to the work areas HEADER and LINES.

Object -> The text object is part of the text key and assigns the text module to a specific application object. Valid text objects are defined in table TTXOB.

Name -> The text name can be up to 70 characters long. The structure depends on the text object used. All characters except for '*' and '&' are valid.

ID -> The text ID defines a further subdivision of the texts for a text object. Valid values for the text ID are defined in table TTXID.

Language-> Valid values for this field are defined in table T002.

Regards,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Thanks for the reply.

But I am not aware how to get that into work areas.

My doubt is how to get that text objects from transaction to the program. If we get that to program we can work out ..

p604431
Active Participant

Hi,

Try this, Enter VF02 transaction, from menu Goto->Header. Then tab Hearder Text (Head.Txt).

Double click the header text. It will take you to script page. from here goto menu Goto->Header there you can find the what data to be pass in textname, textid and object fields (in FM: READ_TEXT).