cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

important facts about syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i have 2 questions regarding syndication....... 1. what is the utility if we check 'Filter Qualified link' in map properties tab while syndicating----pls give an example....will the the particular qualified field be filtered? what is it?.

2. can we syndicate only the changed field for a particular syndication. that is if we have changed only 2-3 values of a particular field and i want to syndicate only those new vales. i know there is no direct option but pls do suggest me the best work around.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

1. if we check 'Filter Qualified link' in map properties tab while syndicating it will exclude records without the qualified fields selected in search parameter pane. For ex- if we put say sales org 001 in the search parameter for material master repository only materials which have 001 as sales Org will be syndicated, others will be suppressed.

2. What is the use for this? If in a record say F1 and F2 got changed and requirement is to syndicate only F1 and F2. If syndication is meant for updating records in target systems it may not happen with only F1 and F2. One workaround could be to

a. identify all such fields and define a user stamp field selecting these fields only in console.

b. prepare a syndication map with only these fields mapping and search on user stamp field created in step1.

BR-

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Mar 30, 2010 8:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to answer your 2nd question: As you asked whether its possible to syndicate only the changed fields values.

This is not recommended at all, because when you are using IDoc or BDoc to post data to ECC/CRM, they always go with full data along with changed values. Otherwise IDoc/BDoc will never get post in to target due to faliure of some mandatory values.

If you are using a flat file while syndication, it will be posted to target system either using IDoc/BDoc/Proxy or any other application logic. You should make that logic so dynamic to read only changed fields data.

Also, there is an article on this topic given by Jitesh Talreja. Search on SDN and make use of it if that would help.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilladitya,

1. what is the utility if we check 'Filter Qualified link' in map properties tab while syndicating----pls give an example....will the the particular qualified field be filtered? what is it?.

If you do not want to syndicate all qualified data associated with a current table/ qualified table link, the Filter Qualified Links property on the Map Properties tab provides a way for you to limit which sub-records are syndicated.

See the example given on page 92 of 184 (92/184) Figure 44 & Figure 45 Destination Preview tab before and after filtering

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/711def8a722593e10000000a42189b/MDMSyndicator71.pd...

2. can we syndicate only the changed field for a particular syndication. that is if we have changed only 2-3 values of a particular field and i want to syndicate only those new vales. i know there is no direct option but pls do suggest me the best work around.

Yes this is possible to syndicate records on some particular field when their value changes using two Time Stamps field and Workflow. For this please refer below article which is Self explanatory:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a2b4e4-6993-2a10-0e9a-c6d720f15...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, man i have got it right the fist one now, but can you put little bit more light on the second one.... how to do that? takingan example.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just in case you missed, Go through this how to Guide [How To Activate Field triggers for Syndication|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a2b4e4-6993-2a10-0e9a-c6d720f1571b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Shiv