cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a solution on one of the requirement. Could you please help me on this.

Requirement:

I have to set up a interface between SQLServer and SAP HR using SAP XI. There is one constraint on database. We should not insert/update the data to the existing database table and can create other database if needed. Interface should run by every hour. one unique field transaction is there in the table.

My doubt is how can we ensure that not to read any duplicate records every time.

These are the possibilities :

Option 1 :

Create another database and table with additional update flag and transfer the whole data from the original database to this newly created database table using triggers.

We need to poll the data from the newly database table and update the status every time.

Disadvantage : Maintenance of additional data base is to push the effort and also would introduce complexity.

Any comments on this solution ??

Option 2: Read the whole data from DB and send the data to proxy.

proxy should do the following.

a) Insert the whole data in Ztable (we need to create Ztable in SAP HR)

b) Call the BAPI to update the SAP HR data

c) Select max(Transaction) from the ZTable.

d) Need to pass this parameter to the JDBC adapter (to ensure that not to read duplicate records)

e) Adapter will read the data from next transaction ID basing on this parameter in next poll.

My doubt would be is there any option that we can call Adapter from receiver proxy and pass this dynamic parameter(Transaction) ??

Please review this and provide best possible solution.

I am waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Sekhar D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

The first approch what you have mentioned looks promising , i prefer to use first design.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

option 1 is the best way forward for me...

infact if u are creating intermediate tables..u will also not run the risk of many other applications accessing the same table and hence hampering the performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.Thanks for your replies.

My Question is can we call the adapter from proxy to pass this dynamic parameter.

Regards,

sekhar

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can we call the adapter from proxy to pass this dynamic parameter

Yes ofcourse.

U use the IP address of the server along with the communication component and communication channel... and u can

call a adapter passing the parameters.

Please search in SDN for the same.. there are lot of blogs and wiki available.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Please read the whole requirement. I have to pass the parameter dynamically to sender JDBC adapter from Server Proxy.

Is that possible or please suggest any other alternate solutions.

Regards,

Sekhar