cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating Container number from ECC to GTS:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to populate the container number field from SAP to GTS when a customs dcoument is being created in GTS.

I have read through this thread :

But, I am not able to figure out how to map the container number into GTS.

Can someone please explain the process?

Thanks,

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

for transfering container numbers to GTS - you have to pack your material into a packaging material which is defined as a container in your customizing. If this is set up correctly - the container number (HU-Number) is transfered to the corrosponding GTS customs document line imtem.

regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where is the container number in SAP ECC? Is there a field that is sent to GTS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The field is to be seen in the Packing and is then transferred to GTS. The Field name of the HU number in the transfer is EXT_ID.

This Number is then maped into the Customs Document in the Item Packaging. In order to have the packagin in GTS you must map the Package type of the ERP to the GTS Packaging types (given by the customs).

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Container Number in ECC is the Number of your Handling Unit (in case that your packaging material is a container).

ECC - GTS

EXIDV = /SAPSLL/CNTNO

regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf

I am facing the similar issue but the business requirement is to have the container ID along with the handling units #'s .

for eg they have 10 handling units and they are crossing the border on a ship in a container , they would like to have that container id also on the customs import declaration , so do you think this solution that you proposed of creating another handling unit with the container id can be applied to my case ?

or is there any other field on R/3 delivery document that i can make this container ID to get populated into and push this info to GTS by mapping it using BADI ?

If yes what is the field that i can make use of on R/3 delivery doc . the situation here is the manufacturing partner will be sending this on ASN .

thanks

Bharad